• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

With the end of the 3DS online...

SkyKnight03

elegy
Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Sky Clouds Scenery
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Aside from New Leaf, are there any other games you wanted to play again or use the service from before it goes under?

Or, before the shop closed, was there anything you picked up?

I grew up with Mario Kart 7. Playing online was a major childhood experience for me. I might visit one last time.

I'm really going to miss doing Wonder Trade in the 3DS Pokemon games. I used to do that soooo much.
Maybe I should use both of my 3DS systems and do it in gen 6 & 7 at the same time...

I've been collecting Festival Coins in the Festival Plaza ahead of my playthrough of Pokémon Ultra Sun so I can install some of the Dye Houses. Thankfully I already collected the Dye Houses via VIPs I found in my other games, so don't need to hunt those down anymore. I've been breeding team members for the run on and off for a while. Wanted to do the playthrough so I can get the Ultra Beasts I still need to transfer into Pokémon Bank and up into Pokémon HOME. Thankfully Pokémon Transporter and Pokémon Bank aren't going down on April 8th with the rest of the 3DS online functionality, but their end is no doubt coming in the future so I want to get things sorted ahead of that eventuality.

I don’t have anything I want to do there anymore but seriously shout-out to gen 6 of Pokemon for having the best online in the whole series 😔✊

MK7 was also a huge part of my childhood. The 3DS eShop was too but it’s been so empty for so long now… I’d be browsing it for nostalgia if it were still really up.

Trying the online for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Smash 3DS

Unfortunately, I suck at both games : P

Additionally, I'm starting a new Fire Emblem: Awakening play file to get the Spotpass fighters and items. I got them the first time around but I wanted to do more playthroughs on the harder modes.

Pokemon stuff mainly, random battles and looking for interesting ORAS secret bases. Thankfully I finished with trading awhile ago and managed to complete my dexes on all games I play, X, AS, Moon, and the bank dex!

This ended up being so long but its a nice way to write out my memories for four of my FAVORITE games ever!

Mario Kart 8 - Wii U 🎮

I had so much fun as a child playing this game. Me and my mother would play it every weekend so I have so many memories with this game. I always loved Daisy and was so happy that she was in this game as I was so sad when she wasnt in the Smash for Wii U. I SCREECHED when Daisy got into ultimate haha. I still love playing this game and my family still does as well! The online made it so there was always someone to play against so now that its closing, I am gonna miss those morning game sessions!

Splatoon - Wii U 🎨
Whew... the first Splatoon game! I'll miss it, I played this game and got to level 50 when I was younger and made tons of embarrassing Miiverse posts as a little kid. 😭 This was such an experience and was the reason I love Splatoon today! I absolutely love 2 and 3 but 1 was super cool! I wont miss it as much as the others as 2 and 3 are VERY good games but all the good stages will be gone... Still a bit sad I never got to level 50 after I reset my data but 39 is pretty close!

Pikmin 3 - Wii U
While online was never a major part of this game I will miss the leaderboards! Mission mode is so iconic and was so fun for me years ago! I still love getting on and trying to get platinum. I still think I am missing a few so I have got to get on there eventually. I always tried to beat the highscores that others had and as someone who is pretty good at Pikmin, I got close! Will miss seeing these!!

Animal Crossing New Leaf - 3DS 🌳

I am terribly sad about those two but especially ACNL. I never got to play New Leaf online for a good portion of my childhood as my friends didn't have it. The past five years of playing it with my other friends and recently on here with all of you made it so special. I love New Leaf and the community motivated me to keep playing and is the reason my love for the game has grown! I am honestly so sad to see it go, but thank you SO MUCH @digimon for being a great friend and helping me finish my catalog a while ago! I checked recently and have everything thanks to you friendo <3

When I had my 3ds as a kid I only had Animal Crossing New Leaf and Pokemon Y as games so I've taken this as the opportunity to try a few others. I played a bit of Mario Kart 7 online the other day and was surprised I even got linked up with other players, it was fun!

Back