• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Is this a waste of money?

Toad Kart 64 said:
Tyeforce said:
Toad Kart 64 said:
Geez, you guys must be either rich or spoiled by your parents.

How can you afford to get every single game?

And it's not like people sell the games on eBay for dirt cheap.
Well, I have a job. And some people get allowances. (Unfortunately I was never one of them.)
So you really want to spend your hard-earned cash on pretty much duplicate games?
Well, if you want to catch 'em all... But really, I never did buy Pearl. I bought Diamond the day it came out, and when Platinum was revealed, I gave it to a friend... But now I have Platinum. As for HeartGold/SoulSilver, they're completely different from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, so of course I'll get one, if not both, of them.

If I was a parent, I wouldn't allow my kids to waste money on duplicates of the same game, even if "catching em all" was at stake.

Would you?

Toad Kart 64 said:
If I was a parent, I wouldn't allow my kids to waste money on duplicates of the same game, even if "catching em all" was at stake.

Would you?
Of course I would. If that's what they want to play, then whatever.

Toad Kart 64 said:

Would you?
If it's their money, they should be able to buy what they want.

I think I'll just sell Diamond and Platinum on eBay. Waste of my money, and honestly they're both boring games with crappy music. They need to bring back the old-school music.

SOULSILVER<3

To buy Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum is a waste of money 8 (29.6%)
To buy 2 of them is a waste of money 8 (29.6%)
sometimes trading is the only option no need to spend $30 extra to get what 15 unobtainable pokemon get one game and....... trade trade trade!
your welcome!

Tyeforce said:
Toad Kart 64 said:

Well, I have a job. And some people get allowances. (Unfortunately I was never one of them.)
^^that

Laeric said:
Tyeforce said:
Toad Kart 64 said:

^^that
Oh well, if he wants to waste his hard earned money on duplicates of the same game that's fine with me.

I'd say you should go ahead and save your money by buying one (Platinum is better). Unfortunetly, I bought them all and was disappointed because they were so similar. The only difference is the legendaries.
Not a big fan of Pokemon, but 'used to be.

Toad Kart 64 said:
Laeric said:
Tyeforce said:
Toad Kart 64 said:

^^that
Oh well, if he wants to waste his hard earned money on duplicates of the same game that's fine with me.
If you read what I posted earlier, I only bought Diamond and Platinum. I bought Diamond the first day it came out, so there's no possible way that I could've known that they'd make Platinum. Plus, I couldn't go two years without any Pok

Tyeforce said:
Toad Kart 64 said:
Laeric said:
Tyeforce said:
Toad Kart 64 said:

^^that
If you read what I posted earlier, I only bought Diamond and Platinum. I bought Diamond the first day it came out, so there's no possible way that I could've known that they'd make Platinum. Plus, I couldn't go two years without any Pok

ryudo_dragoon said:
Tyeforce said:
Toad Kart 64 said:
Laeric said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepWell, I have a job. And some people get allowances. (Unfortunately I was never one of them.)
^^that

Tyeforce said:
ryudo_dragoon said:
Tyeforce said:
Toad Kart 64 said:
Laeric said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepWell, I have a job.

j-rod ACCF said:
buy dimond and platinum

dimond and pearl are the same
Why would you buy Diamond and Platinum, when Platinum is the exact same thing as diamond but better.

i got a job and bought one game from each gen. like i bought silver,not gold. firered, not leafgreen. so on, i dont think its a waste if you buying multiple games is a waste.

Back