• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is the game more fun with or without tt?

I enjoy it without tt because I prefer to go with the flow rather than manipulate it, feels more rewarding for me

I like having my day in game match the real date, but if I have absolutely nothing to do, then I'll tt a little bit, but I usually will tt back to the original date, so yeah. I feel like tt CAN make it a little more fun in the sense of if you're bored, but I also think it can make everything go too fast to where you're not totally sure what's going on anymore, lol QuQ

I've been using TT to lower the uncertainty in the time between a villager moving out and one moving in. I'm tempted to TT a day at a time to cheese Redd because the paintings are the last thing I need in the Museum, but have never gotten to it.

When I let myself TT too much I can binge an entire morning on the game...it's not good for me. I like the almost mobile game feel of peeking in for half an hour to check certain things.

I'm a mix. Because of my work and school schedule, I end up unable to play. I tend to TT back a few hours to enjoy the day with my villagers. But there's also times I'm trying to get stuff done in time, so I TT forward for villagers and items to get in faster. Especially since I'll be wanting the Sanrio set and villagers, I'll be TTing a lot to get them before they move in. Ultimately it just depends how you play. <:

TT is good I’m very impatient and only play in real time for a couple days in a row max. Plus I’m trying to get Francine and Gabi out of my 16 villager cycle so i can have them move in again

I work full time and have a freelance gig (pretty low lift, never more than 6 hours a week and sometimes none), and this fall I'll also be a teaching fellow for a class on top of those, so I don't TT. Right now, it works well for me to play real time because this way I can only do so much of my "nerd chores" in a day and then once those are done, I'm done and can do something else with my time.

I did just last week time travel 2 hours, though, because my work schedule is 10-7, which means I'm working or commuting during the time most of the shops are open. So I TTed two hours so that when I get up at 7:30 am it's already 9:30 am in the game and I can actually interact with villagers and go to all of the shops. I spent a good chunk of time this summer trying (and failing) to trigger the weeding minigame and had "Early Bird" enacted and it was just so nice to have everything open early, but watering all my flowers every day was killing me, even with the golden watering can. So this gives me the best part of Early Bird (playing in the morning) with the best of Beautiful Town (not having to water hundreds of flowers).

The one time I time traveled, I messed it up. My extent of time traveling is traveling backwards one day to place down patterns if I happen to miss placing patterns down for plot resetting. As for whether its more fun. I think it depends on the person. For me, personally, its not. I find it more rewarding to get stuff as they come naturally. But some people, as stated, have lives away from this game so they will have to time travel to get stuff they missed because they were busy with work or school and don't have time to play. This is going to be me soon enough. I will still not time travel though.

I'm a pretty cautious TTer and I enjoy it! I go through spurts of playing and not playing so TT helps to make up the difference and makes me feel like I'm not missing out on village life if my real life gets to busy to play.

I think it's fun without tt, the excitement in the run up to events just makes me more excited to play than if I were to tt and play those events any time I wanted. The only downside is that you run out of things to do very quickly in-game if you're not decorating your town.

I think both ways of playing can be fun!

I think that time travelling can pose a bit more risk if you aren't careful (villagers moving in or out unexpectedly, weeds popping up, flowers dying, turnips spoiling, etc) and for some people I know it can take some of the charm out of the game. I think that time travelling can also add to the game, though. You can plot reset villagers if you want to have them in certain parts of town, you can replay holidays or birthdays you might have missed, you can rewind and make up a house visit you've forgotten, etc.

I go through waves of playing "properly" and time travelling. With my main town I don't time travel as much anymore because I have a second town now. I have my second town playing opposite of my main one (it's winter in my second town right now!) which I really enjoy.

Personally, it's more fun for me with tt. I don't know, I just can't play the game in the "normal
way". Ever since I got my first AC game (which was Wild World), I tried out to tt and got used
to it. I guess I'm just too fast bored, too curious and too impatient to wait till a new day starts
and see what's going on, what new items the shops has now etc.

However, the game makes fun in both ways. Every player plays and enjoy the game in a different
way. I would say try out both ways to see which one works better for you.

I prefer tt. Only one day at a time though. It?s because I?m very inpatient. For me sometimes i feel like there?s not enough to do at certain days. But id love to keep playing so I TT to the next day.

i'm a generally pretty impatient person lol, so when i start out on a new town, i time travel a lot to get started. i've (kinda) recently reset my town so i've been TTing quite a lot.
also whenever i miss events, i time travel to take part in them.
so for me, i guess i find it fun, because i get to start off quickly and don't have to spend weeks waiting for shops to unlock, villagers to move in and out, etc!

for me its better with time-travelling. i just hatew having to wait a day to complete stuff. i wanna get straight to the end results quick and the original way acnl is meant to be played isnt my style.

It honestly depends on your playstyle. I don't care about tting and I love doing it. I stop tting if it's not necessary.

Personally, I keep time travel to a minimum. I usually only get to play at night so I have the time permanently set a few hours back and I only adjust it within the same day if there's an event or a fish/bug that I need to catch outside of my normal play time. I will tt back a day to fix patterns for plot resetting, but so far I've never felt a need to jump days for any other reason.

I guess I'm a really patient person and I actually like watching things grow day by day. I also don't run out of things to do. I have trouble getting everything I want done before I have to turn the game off each night.

I think after you've been playing for a while, it's all good to time travel now and then. If you just picked up the game and have never played any other Animal Crossing game, I feel you're just going to ruin the experience and the game will lose its energy fairly quickly. I mean a lot of us who've played it for a while time travel to keep it fun and not lose the spark.

I wound up time traveling a whole bunch this weekend--it was my birthday Sunday and there were the fireworks, but because it was my birthday I had real life stuff going on so I traveled back in time to catch Joan and do my nerd chores (shaking trees and so on) and then when that was all done I jumped forward (I think I might have TTed on Saturday too, also because of birthday stuff) so I could do the fireworks--otherwise they would have happened while I was asleep. I did get the last bopper I needed out of it so except for meow coupons, I'm all done with the fireworks as far as items.

Back