• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is it really so weird to like graveyards?

I don't think it's weird—like others have said, a lot of graveyards are very beautiful, well-kept, and peaceful. It's not at all unusual to see someone around here just going on walks through the paths around graveyards. I also find reading headstones interesting, especially in older historic graveyards—they probably don't get that many visitors anymore, y'know?
As long as everyone's being respectful, I think it's totally fine.

While I’ll admit this is a new concept to me, my boyfriend likes to do the same. There’s a graveyard not even a 5 minute walk from where he lives, and he used to walk there at night and hang out there (he still would if the neighborhood didn’t go downhill with sketchy people). Caught me off guard when he said that for the first time, but when he described why with how peaceful it is there, I got used to the idea of it at least. He’s invited me to try multiple times - maybe I’ll try one day.

I got a bit better used to being in a graveyard after my grandmother’s passing a couple years ago. But this was during the day for short periods of time lol

So my final opinion now? As long the visit is a respectful one, I don’t find it odd much anymore.

Back