Is it okay to keep Tier 5 villagers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You're not allowed. It's like harboring fugitives, but worse.

Get rid of them ASAP or Copper and Booker will pop into your house and eat all your food and leave the TV on.

Last edited:
As said before, tiers don't mean anything with regards to how good they are or whether you're allowed to have them or not - they're just there to kind of gauge how popular they are on this forum!

For example, I can't stand Marshal, and he's top of tier 1. I wouldn't have him in my town if someone paid me. I think Hans is a much better smug villager and he's sitting in tier 5. It all comes down to personal preference!

Tiers of villagers don't mean that you are a bad player, what is that non-sense!? >___<
If you love any villager, keep them. I don't care about tiers. :)

Why wouldn't it be? Have whatever villagers you want; just do whatever makes you happy. I don't like many of the popular villagers either. I find a lot of tier fives to be cuter and more interesting that villagers like Marshal and Julian - Penelope, Dora and Pippy are cuter and more interesting than any tier ones are to me.

Why it shouldn't be okay to keep tier 5 villagers? No one says that only tier 1 (or 2) villagers are
"allowed" in a town. Take the villagers you really like and don't care which tier there have! :D

This is exactly why I hate tiers.. This OP.

It plays with the minds of players and makes them believe that Tier 1 and 2 villagers are what we MUST strive for and get into our town.

There are over 300 villagers. Do not get stuck in the mindset that only the top two tiers are worth having.

The only time I really care about tiers is if my villager is moving and I'm wondering what to do with them. If they're a top-tier villager, I'll try to sell or auction them off, because clearly people are willing to spend big bucks on them. For someone like Klaus, who is bottom tier and moving out in a few days, I just did a giveaway.
I have to say though, it's pretty satisfying when you get a popular villager move in because like...some people would pay huge bucks to get Freya in their town, and I got her for free :cool:

tiers dont matter... as long as you love the villager you can have it (i may have more rarer ones because i like them ex. Lucky, Fang and Freya) i mean Monique was the very first dreamie i obtained and i think shes a 3 or 4 (i honestly forget)

Last edited:
The only tier 1 villager I want is Marina, and that's just because I had her in my used copy town for a while and she grew on me. Many of my villagers are tier 5; Skyvale even kept 4 of its 5 starters.

Tiers only matter to me when I want to sell.

Keep whichever villagers you want regardless of what tier they are. Most of my favorites are tier 4 and tier 5. I've seen some on the tier 1 list that just baffle me because I can't see what's so appealing about them.

Why do people look at the tier of a villager to decide if they want them anyway. Tiers are nothing more than a list put together based on the popularity. It's like a ranking on popularity.

It's perfectly fine. Tier lists change often and aren't official- they're just there to provide a pricing standard for cyclers and sellers.

Hey, why are you asking? It's your game and your choice. You shouldn't feel bad about it. No one has the right to judge you, honestly. AC is such a casual game it's impossible for it to have "bad" and "good" players.

My town has quite a few of the most popular villagers because I like them, but also some from the lower tiers (not sure which tier Rolf is, but I love him to pieces, and Goldie is my all time favourite)

I am about to cycle Stitches out and get someone else in his place, too, and he is a top tier villager. On the other hand though, I really love my lil Marshal and he is very popular. It doesn't matter, really. It's a matter of taste and it's not wrong if you like popular/unpopular villagers.

Last edited:
Sweetie, tiers mean nothing to the majority of players. Keep who you love :)

-snip- AC is such a casual game it's impossible for it to have "bad" and "good" players. -snip-
The only way you could be bad is if you let everything die, never get any Bells EVER, get Rafflesia flowers, treat villagers worse than crap, and don't even upgrade the Nooklings' store to the second level...
See? Any play style is fine.

Of course! Practically ALL of my villagers are tier 5. (Except for Apple & Shep)

If there's a villager that you like, keep them! For instance, Daisy is a tier 4 but I think she's one of my cutest villagers. Tiers don't affect the game and really only apply to stingey people who want only the best and most valuable villagers so they can brag about it.

I hate tiers. If you like the villager then great. I once had a villager move and I tired to have someone adopt her for like 300k and someone said they wanted her but she was tier 5 so they wanted her for free of they were walking.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If there's a villager that you like, keep them! For instance, Daisy is a tier 4 but I think she's one of my cutest villagers. Tiers don't affect the game and really only apply to stingey people who want only the best and most valuable villagers so they can brag about it.

I agree. I love my Moe and I don't know what tier he is but frankly I don't want to know I hate when people identify their villagers by their tiers.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with having tier 5 villagers! It's fine if none of the more popular ones appeal to you. I wouldn't consider you a bad player. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back