• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is it odd for me to...

monochrom3

just a salted fish
Bells
Tasty Cake
Chocolate Cake
Cake
...like something that's already out of date?

I'm kind of having this situation right now. The manga/anime I'm currently obsessed is already quite old and no one really talks about it right now. But I just got hooked into it not too long time ago.
I wonder if someone have this experience too?

I don't think it's odd, I'm sometimes hooked to an old manga/anime that no one talks about so I find it quite normal c:

How is it odd? I watch old movies all the time. Read old books. Watch old tv shows.

It's the same thing, really.

Good...things will never stop being good? Time doesn't flaw a good storyline, unless it's like science fiction.

Most if not all media is made to entertain and appeal to humans. Near everyone fancies something "out of their era".

I have quite a few and it's personal.
Also, I don't think this topic is the right place to talk about it.
You said manga/anime and is so I assumed you meant one.
I never knew discussing anime was such personal business.

Oh... I thought you were talking about out of date food at first. That isn't normal by the way<<<

Anyway, I like Sailor Moon and other old anime (and even some manga too hehe) which is 'out of date' as you say. But no it's not weird at all to like something old. I like some old music too as well as new music. It doesn't matter about the age really. As long as you like it then go for it.

"Old" is a completely subjective term.

I personally like a lot of "old" music like wartime classics.

Not really. I wish I was treated like a normal person instead.

I don't think anyone is really normal and it doesn't matter if you like out-of-date things :) , everyone likes something that isn't in right now if we only liked those things we'd only listen to top 20 hits on the radio and only follow the top tv-shows on tv and I really don't think many people fit that profile.

I love music from the Rockband, Queen. So it's not really weird.
I'm hooked with their music, mainly because they put hardwork and passion into it, not like pop artists of today who sing just for money, fame, and women.

Oh I shouldn't worry about that. Mangas and anime will never be out of date!
Take the example of music, there are people who still have the Beatles' music on their phones, didn't mean they are out of date :3

Back