• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is it just me or do the non-hybrid flowers look ugly

Dylan Crosser

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think non hybrid flowers are ugly and unappealing. The hybrid flowers have such vibrant and pretty colors, but with non hybrid it's just the same boring three colors.

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think non hybrid flowers are ugly and unappealing. The hybrid flowers have such vibrant and pretty colors, but with non hybrid it's just the same boring three colors.

Technically purple violets are nonhybrids though. I don't think they are ugly but if I had to choose which I like out of the most it would be red flowers.

I hate regular flowers.
I have no yellow or red in my town.

They look fake and gaudy.

They don't look ugly per se, I guess to each their own. I like to use white and purple regular ones for most of the town (forest-y town) and maybe use hybrids for when I'm decorating for a specific holiday (did it for Christmas and Thanksgiving). I'd have maybe other colors scattered a bit around the camp area but that's it.

They don't appeal much to me.The time I finally get the beautiful ordinance running I'm going to kiss most of them goodbye.The white cosmos and roses are probably staying.In my former town I would pair black and red roses and it looked absolutely stunning.I just won't have them out alone and they will be mixed with hybrids.Examples like this are yellow pansies and orange cosmos, actually a good combination.

Last edited:
I like non-hybrid flowers and I don't find them ugly at all. Sometimes, you can get some
pretty good looking flower fields for your town when you combined non-hybrid flowers
with hybrid flowers. I like to combine red, white and blue roses together, or white with
black roses. White pansies with purple pansies are also a nice combination in my opinion.

Last edited:
While not ugly. I feel that they aren't as appealing as hybrids. Maybe it's because you have to work harder to get hybrids so they look a lot better because you worked really hard on them and it goes the same way in other towns. Where you see hard work as more beautiful and sophisticated. Plus they do have better and more vibrant colors too.

I hope someone understands what I'm saying. I know I can be a bit confusing at times. ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

While not ugly. I feel that they aren't as appealing as hybrids. Maybe it's because you have to work harder to get hybrids so they look a lot better because you worked really hard on them and it goes the same way in other towns. Where you see hard work as more beautiful and sophisticated. Plus they do have better and more vibrant colors too.

I hope someone understands what I'm saying. I know I can be a bit confusing at times. ;)

Back