Is anyone else picking up Pokemon MD DX while you wait for AC:NH?

Kattastic

coffee addict
Bells
I played the demo and I think I?m going to pick it up! I haven?t played the mainline Pok?mon games since X&Y but I loved the mystery dungeon series as a kid and Blue was one of my first favorite games. $60 seems steep for a remake but I think I?ll be picking it up since I?m going out of my mind waiting for New Horizons.

Anyone else picking it up/played the originals when they were younger?

I am!! I played the originals when I was younger, and I loved them so much. I played the demo and I really like the style of the remake!! I will be playing as Skitty with Treecko as my partner, hoping I can finish the game before New Horizons!!

I am!! I played the originals when I was younger, and I loved them so much. I played the demo and I really like the style of the remake!! I will be playing as Skitty with Treecko as my partner, hoping I can finish the game before New Horizons!!

I loved them too! Sky/Time was my favorite but I have fond memories of Blue/Red (even though I don’t remember the story lol). I got Treecko from the quiz (did anyone else get roasted by that thing?) and Eevee is my partner! I think I was a Skitty in Time, super cute.

I'm going to be getting it! I actually preordered it the same time I did animal crossing, I was going to get it at some point anyway and after I played the demo I got hooked.

I would be doing this if I actually had the money... Sadly I have to wait longer for both games (meaning also New Horizons).
I played the demo and basically I just made my original team from Blue Rescue Team. I can't stand the wait because I want to feel the nostalgia and get emotional all over again lol.

I'd absolutely love to have it and play the game in anticipation to New Horizons, but I really can't pick up two $60 games the same month. I love the look of the game and it would be a lot of fun to replay it with decent controls, but it won't come close to Explorers of Sky even with the graphical update. I really hope this game is successful though, so we can see the second generation remade as well. :blush:

As others have said, I would like to pick it up but just don’t have the money to do so. That money is going to be going towards Animal Crossing New Horizons. It also technically isn’t one of the five Switch games I originally planned on getting, but I may pick it up at some point in the future.

Pre-ordered mine today.
GAME has a rewards card and I got a decent amount of points on it recently from my parents buying themselves a PS4 and using my card to collect the points. So I just dumped all my points onto it and instead of paying ?50, I'm only paying ?28. So that's pretty decent savings.
Plus I need something to keep me occupied while I wait patiently for Animal Crossing. I loved the game when I was younger. Cried at the ending and I'm fully prepared to cry again. I was so happy when they announced this remake, I haven't actually played a mystery dungeon game since Explorer's of Sky. So I'm looking forward to passing time with it.

Honestly, I'd love to, but money is normally fairly tight for me and $90 is a large investment, especially so close to a major release I'm (obviously) really looking forward to.

A real shame, since I never played the original.

They're releasing it too close to ACNH. :c I enjoyed Super Mystery Dungeon but I haven't played the others. Going to wait for a sale!

Back