• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is anyone else low key salty about the new ac?

Fluffy_Isopod

Bells
At my school the popular 3DS was overrun by switches and I don’t see strangers carrying them around once in a blue moon anymore. just feel disappointed about missing this game along with a few other games because I know by the time I get a switch (if I do) it probably won’t be popular anymore (meaning nobody irl to play with on there). Can anyone else relate

Last edited:
At my school the popular 3DS was overrun by switches and I don’t see strangers carrying them around once in a blue moon anymore. just feel disappointed about missing this game along with a few other games because I know by the time I get a switch (if I do) it probably won’t be popular anymore (meaning nobody irl to play with on there). Can anyone else relate

Honestly, ACNL came out in 2012, and i just purchased my first 2DS XL and copy of ACNL in 2019... The animal crossing fandom will NEVER die! This game is loved whole heartedly by so many people i don't think that you will need to worry about the idea that nobody will still be playing New Horizon's by the time you get a switch.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also with places like this forum, you will always be able to find people who are still interested in the same games that you are :3:)

Honestly, ACNL came out in 2012, and i just purchased my first 2DS XL and copy of ACNL in 2019... The animal crossing fandom will NEVER die! This game is loved whole heartedly by so many people i don't think that you will need to worry about the idea that nobody will still be playing New Horizon's by the time you get a switch.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also with places like this forum, you will always be able to find people who are still interested in the same games that you are :3:)

Yea, there will always be people to play anything with on any system online, and it?s not like I could ever really find many people irl to play animal crossing with anyway.

Consoles have lifespans like anything else. It's natural.

Yea, there will always be people to play anything with on any system online, and it?s not like I could ever really find many people irl to play animal crossing with anyway.

That is until they end the service or shut down specific servers.

I bought ACNL a few months ago so I 'm still playing it until ACNH comes out. I hope that they won't shut down 3DS server because they said that 3DS is not dead (even though I did not see any new games recently).

I bought ACNL a few months ago so I 'm still playing it until ACNH comes out. I hope that they won't shut down 3DS server because they said that 3DS is not dead (even though I did not see any new games recently).
The 3DS is effectively "dead", in that the bulk of Nintendo's attention is directed toward the Switch and its games now. Nintendo won't come out and say the 3DS is done, even up to the point that 2DS and 3DS consoles leave store shelves for good, because that would impact sales. It's a slow phase out, but a phase out nonetheless.

Hopefully we still have the servers for some time, but eventually they'll go the way of the Wii.

Sympathies to those most impacted by these decisions, but it's just the way these things go. I only just got into the DS Lite back around the time the 3DS was released, so I can relate.

Consoles have lifespans like anything else. It's natural.

That is until they end the service or shut down specific servers.

I am going to be so upset when Nintendo ends 3ds online services. Like why do they have to do that when it?ll take away almost half the features on there? The PS3 still has online play for gods sake

- - - Post Merge - - -

If they lose lots of fans for ending online play that?s on them for disregarding acnl, even though it means we?re getting filthy rich off the hackers? MONIES :D

Well why don't you just buy a used Nintendo Switch and enjoy New Horizons when it comes out, like the rest of us. That's pretty much self-inflicted wounds.

I am going to be so upset when Nintendo ends 3ds online services. Like why do they have to do that when it?ll take away almost half the features on there? The PS3 still has online play for gods sake

- - - Post Merge - - -

If they lose lots of fans for ending online play that?s on them for disregarding acnl, even though it means we?re getting filthy rich off the hackers? MONIES :D

Console/services aren't meant to last forever. Though I imagine Nintendo will keep the 3DS services on for a much longer period of time than past console cycles, it will eventually end.

They won't lose fans over shutting down services for old and outdated hardware, particularly years after the console has run it's course, which the 3DS long since has. Either the fans stick by the series and upgrade when cheaper, more affordable revisions happen or they just take their losses.

And I have no idea what you are trying to say with that last bit about hackers.

Well why don't you just buy a used Nintendo Switch and enjoy New Horizons when it comes out, like the rest of us. That's pretty much self-inflicted wounds.

I just can?t really afford even a used switch. I get $10 a week by doing chores and I can still hardly provide for my high maintenance pets at times. None of this will change until I have the guts to talk to someone and get my first job. I?m just really scared of ppl sometimes :<

i don't feel salty exactly but i do feel you on the missing out factor...when i first got acnl i was waaay too anxious to even try and play online and to make it worse i didn't know anyone irl who played either :-(
all that changed after i made an account on gamefaqs though (and then here, lol)
i hope that i won't be as nervous this time around! :) and i hope you can get a switch too! maybe the prices will go down a bit by the time acnh comes out! there's always xmas too!!

Console/services aren't meant to last forever. Though I imagine Nintendo will keep the 3DS services on for a much longer period of time than past console cycles, it will eventually end.

They won't lose fans over shutting down services for old and outdated hardware, particularly years after the console has run it's course, which the 3DS long since has. Either the fans stick by the series and upgrade when cheaper, more affordable revisions happen or they just take their losses.

And I have no idea what you are trying to say with that last bit about hackers.

Basically I?m saying that it would make more sense for Nintendo to ignore the 3ds like they?ve been doing instead of going through the work to end online play because we get to do so many great things without Nintendo watching over 3ds players, making sure they?re not hacking

Basically I?m saying that it would make more sense for Nintendo to ignore the 3ds like they?ve been doing instead of going through the work to end online play because we get to do so many great things without Nintendo watching over 3ds players, making sure they?re not hacking

Nintendo has a reason to keep an eye on the hackers, even if everybody thinks it's pointless to do this
with a older console. As long as the 3DS and Wii U online service is still active, they will not ignore it,
as much as it may sucks for certain people.

To coming back to the topic, I'm very sorry to hear about your problem. I was in a similar situation,
although it was years ago when the Wii was new. I was kinda salty that the GameCube wouldn't get
any new games anymore because I couldn't effort a Wii and much later I finally got one as an present,
but of course I lost the time to play with others at this point. Unfortunately, the 3DS and New Leaf
aren't that "young" anymore and it's kinda understandable that more and more people gonna switch
to the Switch (pun not intended...). I also think that Nintendo will not shut down the online service
for the 3DS and Wii U that fast.

I'm pretty sure that, even if you get your Switch to a later point, that you will still find a active
community at least for Animal Crossing, as it will probably takes years till New Horizons gets
replaced. Besides, in September, Nintendo brings out the Switch Lite, which is cheaper than a
normal Switch (but also has less features), so maybe you will have luck at one point to get a
used Switch Lite for a pretty good price.

Nintendo has a reason to keep an eye on the hackers, even if everybody thinks it's pointless to do this
with a older console. As long as the 3DS and Wii U online service is still active, they will not ignore it,
as much as it may sucks for certain people.

To coming back to the topic, I'm very sorry to hear about your problem. I was in a similar situation,
although it was years ago when the Wii was new. I was kinda salty that the GameCube wouldn't get
any new games anymore because I couldn't effort a Wii and much later I finally got one as an present,
but of course I lost the time to play with others at this point. Unfortunately, the 3DS and New Leaf
aren't that "young" anymore and it's kinda understandable that more and more people gonna switch
to the Switch (pun not intended...). I also think that Nintendo will not shut down the online service
for the 3DS and Wii U that fast.

I'm pretty sure that, even if you get your Switch to a later point, that you will still find a active
community at least for Animal Crossing, as it will probably takes years till New Horizons gets
replaced. Besides, in September, Nintendo brings out the Switch Lite, which is cheaper than a
normal Switch (but also has less features), so maybe you will have luck at one point to get a
used Switch Lite for a pretty good price.

What's the worst that could happen? No other game companies, at least that I know of, seem to have a problem with keeping online multiplayer on older systems. And what happened to acnl just goes to show that things might not be so bad. I mean, some people are just swimming in doe because they know when and where to find hackers. Even Rockstar isn't losing money from not shutting down their online servers, and the map that has McFarline's Ranch is crawling with zombie cpus that will crash the server and corrupt your save file if you shoot them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Btw, I learned that the hard way when I was 12 years old and seeing that I was leveling up at an ungodly speed, I kept shooting them and the screen was getting more and more distorted by the minute. I didn't have a working headset at the time, so i had no idea why other players were trying to kill me, but yea, the screen went black and the next time I went to play my game my horse would freeze when I rode it and the screen would zoom out and when I pulled up my menu, it was blank.

I still prefer the 3DS XL over the switch. My switch never leaves it's dock.

As for work however. It may seem intimidating at first, but as long you keep your posture, focus on the goal (which it never hurts making something like getting a switch that) and KNOW you can do the job that's offered then the feeling will subside! I bell-ieve you'll get the jobs, and the bells needed.

I still prefer the 3DS XL over the switch. My switch never leaves it's dock.

As for work however. It may seem intimidating at first, but as long you keep your posture, focus on the goal (which it never hurts making something like getting a switch that) and KNOW you can do the job that's offered then the feeling will subside! I bell-ieve you'll get the jobs, and the bells needed.

Thank you. :3

Christmas is a thing also. If you really have to, ask for a switch and nothing more, even if it's a used one.

Nah I don't care

At least you didn't get bullied for liking "kids games" since so many people bring Nintendo games to your school lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

I won't pay all that much attention when that does happen because I play new leaf mostly in offline mode and I only visit other players or let others visit me for things like villagers or items I want.

If I do need items and other things from other players I will just use a custom service like wiimfi on the nintendo ds and the problem will be solved.

I very rarely go on the online island because there just isn't much to do besides chatting and playing minigames.

For some playing with other people online is common but for people like me it's no big deal.

Nah I don't care

At least you didn't get bullied for liking "kids games" since so many people bring Nintendo games to your school lmao

At work, a guy made fun of me because I like Nintendo games. I will never understand people who loves making fun of others just because they like different things.

Back