• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Is anyone else worried about the 130 pattern upload limit?

Tartarus

Bells
So there's a limit of 130 patterns per creator code that can be uploaded to Nintendo's servers.

Is anyone else worried about hitting that limit? Think about it:
Making one alphabet set: 26 patterns down
Making one shirt adjusted for every skin tone: 8 patterns down
Making path borders: at least 12 patterns down
the pattern slots add up fast. I wish they'd just let us make QR codes like in New Leaf.

It might be possible to bypass the limit by making multiple Nintendo accounts and buying an online subscription for all of them, but that seems really inconvenient.

instead of buying seperate subs, you can buy a family one, which would be better. i wish there weren't as many limits for patterns, like with qr codes you could just send it out into the world and then replace it right? i don't get why there isn't that functionality.

also i really wish we could browse patterns in the terminal somehow

I agree! Both upload limit and like, personal storage is so tiny. It'd also be really helpful if we could rotate custom designs on the ground. That would cut down the need for a lot of like, corner stuff.

Can anyone confirm that bypassing the limit by buying an online subscription for another account is actually possible? Or do all accounts on one switch share the same creator ID?

Untitled.png

Last edited:
You could make New Leaf QR codes online? That’s what I’ve been doing
I find the new terminal weird so I’ve just been drawing my patterns online and making qr codes

By the time that happens I will probably just start deleting some of my early patterns which aren't as good. I did make some stuff for other people though, that's kinda tricky, because I wouldn't want to delete that in case they ever lose and want to redownload that pattern...

I guess I will eventually upgrade to a family plan and include other characters in the online features as well, so it doesn't matter that much. I'll just use them for pattern designing instead. Honestly, the limit on active patterns is much more of issue than the uploaded ones for me!

I love bramblecrossing on instagram! I use their green grass border pattern and I asked them recently if they would be switching to Autumn colours and they stated the same issue to me. Not enough pattern spaces and she would have to delete the green one (meaning no one can scan for it anymore) for an autumn one. This would negatively effect some people who are in the southern hemisphere. Most people don't need more slots but she is an amazing path creator and just wants to share more with us.

This sucks, even for those of us who don't make that many patterns. It means that some creator patterns might vanish or that creators may upload fewer ones in the future. :(

The only way around that I can see is sharing the pixel art grid for the pattern (I've seen some posts from the early days where creators included this for people who hadn't unlocked the kyosk yet) but that's not a great system, especially since it makes it harder to give proper credit.

I love bramblecrossing on instagram! I use their green grass border pattern and I asked them recently if they would be switching to Autumn colours and they stated the same issue to me. Not enough pattern spaces and she would have to delete the green one (meaning no one can scan for it anymore) for an autumn one. This would negatively effect some people who are in the southern hemisphere. Most people don't need more slots but she is an amazing path creator and just wants to share more with us.
Maybe ask her to convert some patterns to QR codes. It's annoying to do because there's no way to do it in game, but it lets you bypass the limit.

Here's an online QR code making tool:
The pattern has to be manually copied there.

Oh no, that's a shame! I don't ever upload anything (I have a few, but absolutely nowhere near 150). I did download a few MCR hoodie patterns which I really like and it'd be sad if someday the creator had to delete it....

this is pretty stupid. Ugh. Nintendo definitely made some mistakes while making this game. :(

Back