Is anyone else having terrible luck with the festive diys? :(

i've actually managed to get all the snowflake and festive ones now, but it wasn't without around at least 5 hours of balloon farming which, frankly, is ridiculous for a game like animal crossing where the whole point is supposed to be relaxing and going at your own pace.

I've been having bad luck with DIY's since fall to be honest...

I only have a couple of maple leaf DIY's and I only have two festive ones so far since I find farming for balloons so boring. Nintendo really should rethink that in my opinion

Ive only got 3 balloons with festive diys
Over more than 90 balloons popped
The rng on this is absurd
I wish we could get the diy in different ways
Becausae searching for balloons became 80% of my gameplay
And tbis ia very boring

I do concentrated (seriously, I spend hours) balloon farming for the first few days new diys come out and have always been able to get the whole set. I have no idea if it is my technique or if I have good RNG.

I find I have more luck when I dont heavily farm, besides it makes thr game unfun for me. Which defeated the purpose. Not to say I dont farm at all, just not often or heavy.

It helps I dont have to be a completionest too.

The balloons have been super difficult this time around. I've made my peace with the fact that I definitely won't be able to get them all before Christmas. Thankfully there's many kind folks on the forum that can help craft items or will sell DIYs! I look at it like this too, the festive season runs until January 6th so we may not have all the DIYs this week but maybe by New Years our islands will be nice and festive! :)

I had this problem with the fall DIY’s I eventually found them all on my main but it took forever.
I have actually had really good luck with the winter ones. I have all snowflake , half the snow boy and only need one more festive . The last one is taking forever to get it’s the holiday candle.

I found a "festival lights" (menorah) in the shop...and got a few of the ice pieces from Snowmen. Merry gave me a festive wreath. I've got nothing from balloons. I really wanted the light-up deer, stacks of presents, festive tree...and I haven't found any of it. I hate how the holidays in this game always seem to keep the bulk of the festive items until the day of (or too close to the day to actually enjoy). I want to decorate my island at the start of December and enjoy it all month long...not the last two days before Christmas...

I wasted way too much time waiting for balloons that I wanted to spend otherwise, and I'm still missing the illuminated snowflakes.

The Halloween ones were perfect - a whole month to get them, a reasonably high chance to find them in balloons, and you could always get them from your villagers too.

I couldn't find many either so I've given up.

I only got the festive tree and like a wreath or something and the snowmen are so finicky with how you craft them, I've given up on trying to get DIYs from them as well.

Yeah I find it harder to farm for these than the cherry blossom diys. However, today i got lucky and was able to obtain two new festive diys in a row.

I've been having a terrible time. :( I've found literally one - the festive rug, and that's it. I'm really grateful I was able to get some DIYs from here on the forum and that some users crafted me a bunch of DIYs because otherwise my island would be completely empty! I've been spending a fair bit of time searching for balloons but I keep getting bells or clothes it seems? I can't believe Christmas is this Friday and I've barely got any festive DIYs. 😭

Hey, can you tell me the artist taht made your signature? Thank you

yes! my balloons keep giving me bells or clay - i have two festive DIYs so far and they're both walls LOL.

I didn't even bother to try with the festive diy. I went straight to trading because I wanted to decorate my island before it was too late and even then it felt like I didn't have as much time as I should had.

Yep, totally. I think Nintendo kind of underestimated the amount of people who can only do basic routine stuff with their islands: I'm a full-time work boy, I don't have enough leisure time to sit around my island waiting for balloons that may or may not have the DIYs I'm looking for to pop up. I'm more liable to just trade them for stuff here than I am to waste time doing that, honestly.

I much prefer DIY given on a consistent basis for a given task, like the snowboy ones. Yeah, building a snowboy is kind of a hassle, considering how finicky they can be with the size of their heads relative to their bodies, but at least it's a certainty: if you can make a "perfect" snowboy, you are getting a DIY, it's an absolute. That's much more rewarding and convenient than "Wow, I popped four balloons in an hour and got a 10 000 Bells, 10 Clay pieces, a Handcart and a polka-dot tee".

I really feel that having the DIY's in balloons ONLY is truly dumb. And I don't throw that word around easily. Not only balloons sporadic, getting a DIY in a balloon is even MORE rare. Add to that that some DIY's are only available for a shortened time, ugh, what a way to distribute these.

Have some villagers randomly come up to you. Have "mom" mail you some. Have random ones available at the Cranny. Anything else.

Back