• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

(img heavy) I compared my new leaf and new horizons houses to showcase the pros and cons!

I do agree that there are a few furniture sets that I would love to come back but honestly the customization options in new horizons was a game changer and I love how unique you can make everything look while using the same items! also the ability to centre things and also place on walls makes me so happy

wow, looking at pictures side by side really highlights the fact that the graphics detail was so dang different in new leaf. cool photos!!

Very interesting post!

BUT - how did you get so many autumn diys already?? my gosh.. :( i only have like 4 or 5, and not even 1 of the shrooms yet

Don't worry I don't have very many yet either! I traded with one of those people who had all the seasonal diys already and had them craft the items for me :D
Same with the cherry blossom items, don't have most of those diys either xD
or... most items, in this house, in general
I'm pretty bad at collecting diys I usually just make wishlists for people to help me with

Okay that explains a lot! You have a great eye for decorating tho, all looks great!
I really miss the food items as well :( and most of all i miss the wood plank table :(

Thank you so much!!! That’s very kind :)
and yeah :/ welcome amiibo really did a lottt for the game, I miss that furniture too

I do miss some of the furniture sets from NL. I think NH needs more furniture in general - kitchen items for a start are pretty limited so far. But hopefully more furniture and more sets will be added in time.

Another thing that springs to mind is that we now have animated wallpaper and flooring and there are some really cool ones available.

As others have noted, when you see side by side comparisons of NL compared to NH, the graphics in NH blow NL out of the water tbh. I know a good step-up in graphics for NH was pretty much widely expected, but I've been playing this game since release and I'm still stunned by the sheer amount of detail and how beautiful this game is.

As others have noted, when you see side by side comparisons of NL compared to NH, the graphics in NH blow NL out of the water tbh. I know a good step-up in graphics for NH was pretty much widely expected, but I've been playing this game since release and I'm still stunned by the sheer amount of detail and how beautiful this game is.
I know right????
I'm still amazed by this myself whenever I look at it
I guess I didn't actually notice how pixely new leaf was because I was so immersed in it? So it's not until I see the actual picture that I'm like
Woah
and now I find it a bit hard to go back?

I changed my rooms and updated my post :) I hope you all find it interesting! Especially since we recently had a numbers comparison thread

Amazing comparisons. Thank you for doing this. Although I wish you compared it to Happy Home Designer.

Of course you can argue that HHD is just a spin-off. But that game is much more closer to what NH had become. Features like rugs, outdoor furniture and offset grid placement started with HHD.

Last edited:
You're very welcome :)
I'm afraid that sadly, although I have happy home designer, I never unlocked all the features or all the furniture, and I never really put any effort into designing in that game either, so this is all I have

Back