• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Imbri Knits

That Hufflepuff scarf is far out. Nice work mate.

Thank you! I'm very happy with it. I just found a pattern for a slouch hat on Ravelry that I'm going to make to go with it.

I also have a little teaser pic. I found a matching yarn for my friend's dice bag, but I decided that I need one, too. Plus, I can post that in other spots without causing suspicion, as they are friends on Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.

Purple bag.jpg

I was having trouble finding a purple yarn that matched the scales, so I chose this light purple instead. I like the contrast.

I started it late last night, so this was all I got done. I'll try to finish it up tonight and post a picture of it, once completed.

I was home sick yesterday, so decided to do something easy while on the couch. Plus, I need a winter hat.

20180906_155947.jpg

I still have to block it, so it doesn't drape quite right yet, but this will go with the vintage Hufflepuff scarf I made last year. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out.

Dormire and Believe_In_Kittens - Thank you! I'm sorry I didn't see you sooner. :)

It's been a while since I posted a finished item, but I have a couple of new ones that I gave earlier this week.

First, the Vintage Slytherin Scarf.

Vintage Slytherin Scarf.jpg

I'm really happy with the way this turned out. The colors blended just the way I wanted them to. And best of all, my friend loved it. :)

The other pic is of a trio of dice bags.

Dice Bag Trio.jpg

These were fun knits. I got the scales from a shop on Etsy. I'm planning a few modifications on the pattern, but I would like to make one for myself, after the holidays. I know I'd said before that the purple one was meant for me, but once I finished it, I realized it was perfect for someone else. I can always make another. :)

Now I am frantically working on my mother's parasol. I'm getting nervous that it won't be finished on time, so everything else has been cleared from my needles. Wish me luck!

The hat is so cool! I love the little speaks of yellow in the grey, and visit versa.

Snowesque, thank you. Unfortunately, there were major problems with the project, and I'm going to have to rip it out and start over. :(

Stella-Io, thank you! I love the hat, too. It was fun to make.

Last holiday pic, I promise. :)

20181221_081551.jpg

I know it looks like a deflated balloon, but this is the golf driver cover my brother-in-law requested. I ended up having to write a pattern for it, because I just couldn't find anything online that suited me. It's a thick yarn, so there will be padding, but it's also stretchy, so it'll fit over the club. I really hope he likes it.

In other news, I had my hair done yesterday, and because I only go every 8 weeks, I hadn't heard that the other hairdresser in the shop (it's just mine and this other girl) is pregnant with her first child, and due Valentine's Day! They know it's going to be a girl, so I immediately got on my phone and found the sweetest little pattern for a dress. On my way home, I picked up some yarn for it; it's adorable! I chose a blue that has bands of white with pink and green that look like a vine of flowers. It's hard to describe, but I promise that I will post pictures of this when it's done.

Still working on the baby set, but I knit one bootie at my knitting group last night and just have to share.

baby bootie.jpg

The button is the size of a dime, so you get an idea of the scale. I keep looking at it, marveling that something that small can possibly fit on a foot! I'm going to finish the second one today, so I should have pictures of the entire set either later this afternoon or tomorrow.

Picture-heavy post. Sorry.

I finished the baby set, so here are the pics.

20190109_154140.jpg

The full set - dress, hat, and booties.

20190109_154204.jpg

Here's one just of the dress. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. And I'm even thinking of doing another, with a less full skirt, and maybe different color, for my old rag doll. She needs a new dress, and this is the perfect size! :)

20190109_154219.jpg

The hat is a happy accident. It was written to be done flat, but I didn't want any seams, so I changed it. Except that I forgot to change the "wrong side" rows, so instead of a smooth knit, it came out garter stitch. But I really like the look, and it matches the lace from the dress, so I kept it that way.

20190109_154228.jpg

The baby booties ended up being fraternal, because I missed the spot in the yarn to start the second one. But it isn't terribly off, and a friend of mine looked at them and said that it shows that they are handmade, so I'm not going to redo them.

All in all, I can't wait to deliver them. I hope she likes them and that the little one will get a fair bit of wear out of them, before she gets too big.

Cute, I like your choice of color and the knit style near the bottom of the dress looks great. :)

It's been so long since I've checked back here, but I still love your work so much!!!!!!

Snowesque, thank you! I was very happy with the way the yarn worked with these patterns, and my friend loves them, too. :)

Mr. Cat, aw, that's so sweet! Thank you!

ETA: Another pair of baby booties someone asked me to make.

pink booties.jpg

Same pattern as the blue ones, just a different yarn.

Last edited:
I'm currently working on Bumbershoot 2.0 (second take on my mother's parasol) and a cardigan for myself, which doesn't look like much, at the moment, because it's just 230-odd stitches in a charcoal-colored wool. Fortunately, it does get better.

In the meantime, here's a quick little hat (well, adult-sized) I knit up from a kit one of my knitting group friends gave me.

Unicorn Hat.jpg

I present PINK UNICORN HAT!

The plush unicorn head (kinda like a trophy, I guess?) has ribbons that thread through the top of the hat and tie, so it can be removed. It's cute, but I have no idea what to do with it. Definitely not something I'd wear, so I'll have to find another home for it.

Last edited:
I had the day off yesterday, and since it was cold (not as bad as the Midwest, but nothing I wanted to go out into) and I'm getting over the last of bronchitis, I stayed in and did "quiet" things - read, watched a movie, and cast on a new project, since I need more things in progress. :rolleyes:

Anyway, meet my baby Impressionists Shawl.

20190131_220936.jpg

I've reached the point where the second color is starting to blend in (the orange stripes). The third color is a blue speckle that reminded me of water. It's actually a quick knit, and fun to work on when I'm watching something on the tube.

I haven't posted here because I'd torn a tendon in my hand, so I haven't picked up my needles pretty much all year. I'm getting out of my splint in a week, and I can't wait to start knitting again.

That being said, I did get a big project sewn up (I can handle a darning needle). It's the parasol I started last year. Yup, it's finally finished.

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

What do you think? I'm very pleased with how it came out, and I love the look of the copper at the tip. Here's hoping my mother loves it, too!

My only complaint about it is that it is a bit bulky when closed. I have another frame and want to make one for myself, but I think I'll go with a lace yarn, rather than the fingering weight the pattern called for.

Last edited:
You made a parasol!? Wow, I am blown away, I never would have thought of somethin like that. It looks amazing! This is next level talent.

Also a lace parasol sounds so beautiful, can't wait to see what that looks like done.

Rhythrin - Thank you! She picked out the yarn, but that's the only thing she knows about it. I've kept the design a secret.

Stella-Io - Thank you! The rabbit holes you fall down on Ravelry. ;) I'm planning to use the same pattern for mine, just a thinner yarn. And I think I want a hand painted yarn, because multicolor is pretty. :)

Back