• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

im too broke for this website

yosugay

餅ガール
Bells
im always getting outbid and people be paying 100mil for villagers and im just like no thnx

im trying to find a variety of villagers in the villager trading thread but its always like the same three
ankha, marshal, fauna...like, ya'll dont get tired of seeing the same villagers over and over? i know some of the cycling threads have variety but im always too late when i go in one so its like, i just wanna give up tbh lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

this might be in the wrong forum idek

i think the popular villagers get more attention in threads, like more replies, so they get bumped more. and unpopular ones sit for a long time and sometimes don't get replies. so people naturally just feel discouraged from trying to give away or sell unpopular villagers, and likewise when they have one like fauna or merengue or whatever they know it will be easy to sell them so there's a ton of threads for those kinds of villagers

ime when i want less popular villagers i use other sites like tumblr or reddit. the tradeoff is that they don't move as quickly- i love TBT because of how fast everything is, that's a huge perk and why i prefer it over others. but on the flip side if you can put up with the slowness, its easier to find less popular/rarer villagers in smaller trading venues.

people are paying a lot cause i think they have a lot. so if you go somewhere where people don't have a lot, you pay less. x) back when i had julian i bought him for like 3mil on another site, and i was totally shocked when i came here and saw people dropping 35mil+ it seemed insane. but i guess the values are just different on different parts of the internet.

i think the popular villagers get more attention in threads, like more replies, so they get bumped more. and unpopular ones sit for a long time and sometimes don't get replies. so people naturally just feel discouraged from trying to give away or sell unpopular villagers, and likewise when they have one like fauna or merengue or whatever they know it will be easy to sell them so there's a ton of threads for those kinds of villagers

ime when i want less popular villagers i use other sites like tumblr or reddit. the tradeoff is that they don't move as quickly- i love TBT because of how fast everything is, that's a huge perk and why i prefer it over others. but on the flip side if you can put up with the slowness, its easier to find less popular/rarer villagers in smaller trading venues.

people are paying a lot cause i think they have a lot. so if you go somewhere where people don't have a lot, you pay less. x) back when i had julian i bought him for like 3mil on another site, and i was totally shocked when i came here and saw people dropping 35mil+ it seemed insane. but i guess the values are just different on different parts of the internet.

thats a good point. at one site i saw stitches for 1mil and alot of people pay wayy more than that. btw i love caterpie ; u ; your signature is so cute i cant handle it

Also a lot of people with the less popular villagers don't even advertise them in a giveaway because they assume no one wants them.
When my villagers move out I always advertise because there just might be that 1 person who has been looking for Nana, but she's always auto-voided or whatever.

So a good idea is to advertise that you're looking for a particular villager, especially if it's a less popular one.

Also a lot of people with the less popular villagers don't even advertise them in a giveaway because they assume no one wants them.
When my villagers move out I always advertise because there just might be that 1 person who has been looking for Nana, but she's always auto-voided or whatever.

So a good idea is to advertise that you're looking for a particular villager, especially if it's a less popular one.
yeah sometimes its hard to do that since we cant post the 'looking for' threads in the villager trading post main thread. i usually advertise in the official thread for it, but havent been very successful :C ill keep at it though :)

Speaking of, I'm interested in Cheri if I don't get her cycled in. Assuming your sig is updated.

Last edited:
I swear I'll never get Marshal. I can never win auctions or anything. Once the buyout for him on an auction was 60 million.. I only have 10 million in my ABD.. Ugh.. I don't even know how these people get this much money. Their probably on all day! xD And to make it even worse, Marshal was in my campsite the other day when I had NO SPACE! You don't even know how mad I was..

lol I only have 14.4 million.. im too poor for dis website.

I use to be too poor

but somehow I got rich??? Idk what to spend these bells on but I feel like I could buy anything

Animal Crossing Community is a lot cheaper than this site, Stitches sold for like 1-3m yesterday there

Lol marshal goes for like 75 million.... So I am poor

I haven't paid for a single villager on this site, but then again I don't really like any of the popular ones. I'm lucky.

Truth be told, money talks, but it's not the only way. Just remember that.

You could always try tumblr, if you manage to accumulate a lot of followers there will always be a lot of people willing to help you for free :) A month ago I made a post saying that I was looking for some villagers for a friend and over a dozen people responded. Most of them didnt even ask for money, but I paid the ones that helped anyway as a thank you for TTing them out quickly :)

Ok here's a novel concept - stop playing this game like you're a fine art collector and just enjoy it without busting your balls to get dreamies.

LOL I have 50,000. :p I spend all day looking for giveaways.
If I want an animal (which is rare :p) This is what I'll do! Or stalk every single cycling thread ever ;)

I am so broke for this website too... I spend all my bells on house upgrades and PWP, but since I have a new town that's reasonable

in my case, i'm too cheap for this website!! my villagers change way too often for me to consider spending millions on someone i might cycle out within 3 days. on the other hand, i regret not finding this place sooner, particularly before i traded away Marshal along with several other tier 1 villagers. plus, even tho the most popular villagers can go for tens of millions, i've seen some such as Tia and Merengue given away in cycling threads to people who simply asked. a lot of people here really are generous!!

Back