If you had the chance...

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
If you were ever given the chance to start your life over with all the knowledge you currently have right now, would you? Of course you wouldn't be able to like use that knowledge to become rich or anything, but simply just start over.

Absolutely. I’ve made many mistakes & I would love to do things differently in many areas of my life.

Totally. I made many a mistake in my life... And I would love to do things differently than what I've done before.

oh dude, I wish almost everyday I could go back to being 14 with everything I know now and start over...

Of course I would, since retaining knowledge would negate any drawback to starting over, while at the same time I have all the benefits of doing so. Such as a longer existence, and being able to capitalize on things I could have never predicted back then but seem almost obvious in hindsight.

No, I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t change anything. Wanting to go back in time and change things means you have regrets, and I regret nothing.

“If I’m kind to everyone I meet in life, I’ll die without regrets.”

EDIT: It’s also only because of all those mistakes I made that I’m as strong and smart as I am today. Life has thrown everything it could at me, and it has only made me stronger.

Last edited:
Nope. I’m a believer in the concept that everything happens for a reason.

No. My childhood was terrible and I don't want to live that again. You have limited power to do anything with that knowledge you have as a kid because many adults don't take kids seriously. Example:

Me: "I'm being bullied badly in school."
Adults: "You're just being a wimp. Deal with it."

Bullying is taken a bit more seriously now than it was when I was a kid in the 80s/90s, but if I was repeating life during the same timeframe I grew up, nothing would be different.

When you say start over, do you mean like, the whole universe reverts back in time too. Or basically everything stays how it is but you yourself essentially go back in age and have another chance? If it's the former, possibly, there are things I wish I'd done differently, but I still ended up in a good place. If it's the latter definitely not, I wouldn't want to leave my family behind.

lmao no... i would love to yell at myself for getting bullied and allowing myself to not care anymore... but i just met my mom again so. she seems sorry, would hate to go thru her leaving twice

No, why should I keep everything and start over.. that doesn't make sense really. I don't think I can forget and forgive a lot of things anyway and the only thing I'd like to keep is probably music knowledge and books, random knowledge etc. so yeah..

Oh sure, I probably would. I admire the no regrets lifestyle, but to me that gives the assumption that someone with no regrets essentially thinks they're currently the best possible version of themselves that they could be. Which, to be totally fair, could be possible... but definitely isn't how I see myself. No matter how much I like who I am, there's always room for improvement. And if I relived the past, I'd do some ridiculous improving.

Yes, there's too many things that I know would've changed my life had I done something different. Not revealing a certain bit of information to people, going to the school formal/taking part in more social events, studying harder at school and college, not dropping out of university, the list goes on and I get really depressed at how great a life I have been given and how much I've stuffed it up... it pains me to think of all the opportunities that I've had given to me on a silver platter and I've refused them because I'm a stupid lazy excuse for a human :(

This is something I would do anything to have in reality, I'm a changed person because of my mistakes and I value opportunities more now, but it doesn't help ease the pain knowing what a great life I could've had.

Last edited:
not even a hundred times the knowledge in advance would give me even an ounce of the ability to change the **** I hate right now, so hell no

plus, there's a pretty good reason why the vast majority of my school years are a blur, so a hard pass on redoing all that crap

Last edited:
I would never want to restart my life now! However if you asked me around 4 years ago I would have said definitely. Right now I am the happiest I could ever imagine to be even though I have made loads of mistakes and messed up a lot, I would not change any of it because it was worth going through the hard times to get where I am today! :)

I don't think so. I've done things I regret, but going back in time, even if it erases the things I regret, it wouldn't make me a better person, because I'd still remember doing those things.

I actually don’t know. Tbh I don’t really want to redo everything in school again cause that doesn’t sound very fun. But yet again, I’ve always wonder what else my life could of came to.

No. My childhood was terrible and I don't want to live that again. You have limited power to do anything with that knowledge you have as a kid because many adults don't take kids seriously. Example:

Me: "I'm being bullied badly in school."
Adults: "You're just being a wimp. Deal with it."

Bullying is taken a bit more seriously now than it was when I was a kid in the 80s/90s, but if I was repeating life during the same timeframe I grew up, nothing would be different.

I got the same thing when I was being bullied in middle school. I was getting death threats and teachers told me to just put up with it because "kids will be kids"

I would like to go back in time and fix most of the mistakes I made. I can't help but think my life would have been so much different if I hadn't have messed it up so much.

Back