• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If you could have any superpower you want, what you choose and why?

i know no one has posted on this thread in a while, but i had a random thought.
there’s no point in choosing flying, because if you could shapeshift, wouldn’t you be able to grow wings?
That would depend on the nature of the shapeshifting. Can you only transform into specific things? Are your shapeshifting powers only superficial? (i.e. can you transform to something which resembles the thing but not possess any of its abilities while in that form)

If we had the choice of "any" superpower, then shapeshifter would be ideal because you could transform into a human who just happens to be capable of flight, no need to even grow wings. You could transform into someone who can read minds and etc. But if there are limits on said powers, it becomes more nuanced.

How did I not post here before? I want shapeshifting. Please. I could be whatever I want and I happen to be very indecisive about it, so I'd use it a lot.

Telekinesis. I just love the idea of being able to move anything with the mind plus it's a power that can be both elegant and deadly.

Healing (wound healing, disease, broken bones, poison/toxins/venom, poor vitality), and energy transfer. In games that require class/role selection (MMOs usually), I've always preferred healing roles, so it feels like it makes sense.

Telekinesis or force field would be my top pick. If a person were to get to an advanced level, then they might be able to create jumping platforms. That way a pseudo-flying ability could possibly be achieved as well.

Although on a daily basis, a healing ability would be more helpful because my nephew keeps hurting himself.

I would always choose Telekinesis. I always believed it is one the best abilities to have.
I also thought it was always a two in one ability because could you just use Telekinesis on yourself and have flight?

teleporation, i want to be able to go and be anywhere whenever i want. you can only do that irl if youre mega rich.

i’m torn between omnilingualism, telepathy, and teleportation. all 3 would be great to have and would come in handy in their own ways, but i feel like the only one that wouldn’t have any potential downside(s) is omnilingualism.

omnilingualism would give me the ability to read, speak, and understand every language. i’ve been thinking a lot lately about learning a new language (i’m most interested in french and sign language), so this would honestly be perfect!

teleportation is also very tempting, but only if i’m able to choose the exact location that i teleport to. i would love to travel, though currently can’t afford it, so this would solve that problem, lol. it would also save me the stress of navigating airports and long flights. i could just teleport to other places that i need/want to go as well, like grocery stores, without having to get in the car and ask my mom to drive me. being able to just teleport to anywhere i want at whim honestly sounds like a dream come true, but less so if it’s not 100% precise. the last thing i’d want is to try and teleport to one place, and end up somewhere completely different. 😅

telepathy is admittedly the most tempting to me, though i feel like it would also be the most dangerous. i’ve always wanted to be able to read other people’s minds to find out what they truly think about me, the things that i do/say, what their true intentions are etc, without the expectations of having to be polite or not wanting to start a fight. i’m very sensitive though, so i feel like finding out that anyone isn’t being genuine with me or is thinking unkind things about me would cause me to spiral and question everything about myself, lol.

time travel is also a big consideration, but only if i’m able to shapeshift as well. my desired time to go back to is the 2000’s, and i don’t think i want to be in my 20’s then. i want to be my younger self.

I would like to have Teleportation being able to disappear and reappear somewhere else would be amazing. All the time that I have to relax and not have to travel everywhere plus it would cool as heck.

Being able to talk to animals, I want to be able to explain to Princess Mimosa why she can't eat the wires and climb everywhere.
Being invisible, I don't like to get out and have all the neighbors watching me taking photos for TBT events wondering what I'm doing.
Stop time. We all need a pause.
There are plenty of superpowers I would like to have actually.

flying or teleportation to save funds! but in the words of my dad… “healing. do you know how much i could make if i could instantly cure anything? i would start a business and make millions.”

I've always wanted to be able to pause time. I used to day dream about it in school so I could pause time, take a nap, then un-pause to continue my day. Sometimes I'd still like that, so that's the answer I'm going with. Though, omnilinguism is pretty cool too.

to teleport: why? Well I dislike how long it takes to get to places sometimes. Teleporting, if that was possible, would make it a joy.

I think I would pick flying.

- With time travel, I would feel way too powerful and would be scared to use my power (like if I somehow completely changed history for the worse by accident)
- I would hate to have telepathy and know what everyone around me really thinks about me. I think also if anyone found out about it, people would avoid me like the plague so I don't find out about their secrets.

Flying, however would be really fun I think and I'd love to see the world below me. I also don't think it would have a huge impact on my life. I would just hope that the power cancels out any feelings of motion sickness because otherwise I would not like it lol.

Back