I'd love suggestions on what I should do for my houses ^^

Luerna

Bells
I have 2 main villagers, Leo and Luna. I'll be making a third, Melody, for more paths and such. Anyway, Leo's house is a school, and I might make Luna's just an average house, but maybe with a bakery, though that's very overdone. However, I've no idea what to do with Melody's house D: I was thinking a hotel sort of thing, but I'm not sure how'd that work.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

What's your theme? I'll take a DA as well so I can get an overall feel and direction of your town, I don't see yours listed anywhere.

I don't really have too much of a theme going on right now haha :p
Yeah, I don't have one, just because my town has barely been started on, because it's new. (I think old DA addresses stick around, and I don't want an old version of my town D:)

Still a little overdone, but a mad scientist theme? A survelliance attic with telescopes, a captain's monitor/control panel/whatever it's called, and a row of turned off TVs to indicate they're linked to security cameras? Maybe you could give cameras to your villagers, too.

I've never actually seen that haha!
It's a really interesting suggestion, but I think I'm going for a more realistic feel, if that makes sense ^^ Thanks though! I'd love to see that done though! :D

I don't really have too much of a theme going on right now haha :p
Yeah, I don't have one, just because my town has barely been started on, because it's new. (I think old DA addresses stick around, and I don't want an old version of my town D:)

Oh okay.

I actually like the hotel idea. Maybe have some other type of food-related store? Like a supermarket, restaurant, ice cream place, or something like that?

Oh okay.

I actually like the hotel idea. Maybe have some other type of food-related store? Like a supermarket, restaurant, ice cream place, or something like that?

Ice-cream place would be pretty cute! Plus, there's a lot of cute items for that, like the soft serve lamps :)

Ice-cream place would be pretty cute! Plus, there's a lot of cute items for that, like the soft serve lamps :)
Oh yeah! Maybe have the box sofas too and some of the polka-dot items to go with it as well.

Oh yeah! Maybe have the box sofas too and some of the polka-dot items to go with it as well.

Oh! I forgot all about the box sofas, they're really cute ^^ I'm sure there's more items that could go with the old retro theme :D

Oh! I forgot all about the box sofas, they're really cute ^^ I'm sure there's more items that could go with the old retro theme :D

A jukebox? Plus they have marshmallow chairs that you can customize to light blue/pink.

Melody's house could be music themed.I know you already have a school, but you could make this way different than a school.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm probably being silly, but Leo's house could be cat themed, and Luna means moon, so hers could be moon themed.Leo could have a jungle with the paper tiger in it.Luna could have a room called "the blue moon cafe".These are just examples, but you could get really creative with both of these houses.

the whole ice cream idea is pretty cute imo!
how about an ice cream place that also has an apartment for the owner?
the three first floor rooms could be the actual ice cream place (including a room with lots of ice cream cases as a storage room and one that looks like a little garden where you can eat ice cream outside maybe) and the second floor could be the apartment with a bed and desk and little kitchen and little bathroom. no idea what you could put in the basement though hah

The ice cream idea is really cuuuuuute! :D Plus, every ice cream store I know (maybe it's just here) also has baked goods so that's really cool. I may try and do it ^^ It's just that I don't want every house having a eat in area. Though, one is the school cafe, the other is a cafe for the hotel, so meh XD I may try and figure it out :) Luna's house is the one I'm most stuck with, really XD

For the hotel, what do you guys think of this?
Main Room - Hotel Lobby with a cash register, and a place to sit.
Back Room - 'Storage Room' where she has cleaning supplies (vaccumm, washer, etc) and maybe her own bed.
Left and Right Sides - Both single rooms with 2 beds in it, and small seating area, things that you'd find in a hotel room.
Upstairs - Presidential Suite
Downstairs - Really not sure. Maybe a relaxing sort of room?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also! What do you guys think of this for the school?

Main - Library
Back Room - Reg. Classroom (Normal desk and chairs)
Left - Cafe, OR perhaps a computer lab
Right - Art Room
Downstairs - Teacher's Lounge (Also where he sleeps, shh :p)
Top - Infirmary

School sounds good, maybe for the basement of the hotel it could be the spa with like a dentist chair as the massage or "treatment" bed and some jet-d tubs and plants and soft music

School sounds good, maybe for the basement of the hotel it could be the spa with like a dentist chair as the massage or "treatment" bed and some jet-d tubs and plants and soft music

That sounds good! I also think there's an actual massage chair, so that'll help! It's just a pity the basements are small XD! But I'm sure I can make it work :D If not, I may try a fountain garden or something ^^

Last edited:
i made the basement of my house into a outdoor space with campfires and the smoker and hammock, it's great for outside because there's no windows

I never thought of the window thing, that's really smart ^^ I'm sure I'll think of something :) Honestly, Luna's house is what I'm most stumped by XD I adore the ice cream idea, but at the same time, I really don't know how I'd go about it XD

I never thought of the window thing, that's really smart ^^ I'm sure I'll think of something :) Honestly, Luna's house is what I'm most stumped by XD I adore the ice cream idea, but at the same time, I really don't know how I'd go about it XD

One thing that I like to do is go to those websites that have visual catalogues of the animal crossing items and wall ect. like the MoriDB that a lot of people here use and just type in something like ice or cream or soft (for the softserve lamp) basically just get a look at what's out there and make a favorites list of anything that might work.
You can even just go to furniture or floors and add anything that might work to the wishlist so that it gets really full. Then edit the wishlist down based both on things that, while great, don't actually work with any of the other items and if you like you can also weed out really rare or hard to get/expensive items so that your design doesn't end up hinging on an impossible dream item.
Then save up and get as many of the items as you can and just start trying them out in the rooms.

The only reason I ended up with the downstairs outside area I have now is because I tried to make it work with different wall-papers upstairs until I realized that the windows were too big of a problem, then I tried wall papers like the ivy wall or a stone wall so that the area was like a courtyard and those were windows into the other parts of the house, not to the outside, but that wasn't a great option for me either.
Then I moved to the basement, but for some reason there was glare on the back wall on the backyard fence paper and so I went through all the walls possible on the MoriDB until i settled on 2 or 3 that could work and then once I realised how expensive they were being from sahara I just decided on one and went for it.

It can really be quite an involved process just for one room. Although I am an interior designer irl and I guess I want things perfect.XD

I've had a LOT of dream visits to different towns and I'd say those 3 things (school, cafe/bakery, and hotel) are the most common things I've seen. That and horror themed towns. HOWEVER, if that is what would make you happy, then that shouldn't stop you from putting your version out there.

It's always hard to give someone advice for what they should do in their town. Only you can know what would get you excited and make the game more fun. Honestly, if you go with your gut, you'll love it more. And you can always change it in the middle if it's not working out. I think that's part of the fun of this game, you get to create any design you'd like, and it's not like IRL, where you'd be spending thousands of dollars on furniture and remodeling, etc. XD Have fun with it! I'm sure whatever you choose will be great. :)

Back