• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I honestly don't think this game feels empty due to the cut content...

I completely agree, OP. I've said the same thing to friends. The game isn't lacking in content, although they pulled and added a lot of content to NH, it's the villager interactions that are lacking the most.

The argument that villager interactions needed to be amazing in prior games in order to distract from the lack of content elsewhere is a flimsy one, imo. There's really no reason for the developers to not give us both at this point in time. Just because they don't need to distract from lack of content doesn't mean we can't still have better relationships with villagers namely through the request system.

The franchise has always been centered around the idea of building a life for yourself inside this virtual world, with a variety of funky animals you could befriend! You do things for them and befriend them along the way! As much as I know NH has so much more in terms of the decoration and customization aspect, it shouldn't be so completely geared toward just that. It loses that AC charm with the lackluster villager interactions, and to remove so much of the villager request aspect really takes away from the game for me, especially since modern technology and coding having fewer limitations should mean what we should be getting what we had and more rather than less.

Just because one aspect of the game has been so drastically improved doesn't mean they can skimp elsewhere. I dream of the day we get a patch/DLC update where villager requests are brought back to their former glory!

Honestly it feels about as empty to me as New Leaf did after half a year of playing. Even if they were to add in another NPC or upgraded villager interactions tomorrow, I doubt it would change this feeling much. It's about what you can expect from a game that you've played for several months, the novelty of it all will start wearing off and you're left with routines and gameplay that you've been through before.

It's the kind of problem that you can only fix with massive updates, ones that really change up the game to the point where you might start playing it differently. Sure, some quality of life fixes would be nice? But being able to buy your clothes in bulk wouldn't suddenly make the game feel like new, same as having fireworks shows every Sunday did not.

And that's also why I'm not too sad over items not being here. Say they added 1000 new items, I'd probably only be interested in maybe 100 of them, get most of those in about a month, then it's back to "Well, now what?".

So yes, what we really need is updates with things to do, not things to have. And whether those activities come from villagers or entirely new mechanics (farming? Dunno if it will really happen) is something I don't really mind.

I personally think the game is lacking in content and like someone had said here, I wouldn’t mind it if the villagers dialogue was interesting. New Leaf’s dialogue wasn’t good either but it was a lot better than New Horizons imo.

i really cannot stand how empty the villagers feel. i pray that ac goes back to its roots and focuses on the personalities of the villagers, rather than just focusing on aesthetics. i'm hoping an update will fix them, i'm not hopeful tho

I agree the vullagers need more personality
Post automatically merged:

and were missing brewster and kappn and i cannot stand them being gone for SO LONG

Back