I don't Understand...?

Hulaette

The Magical Mermaid
Bells
Blue Candy
Jack
Orange (Fruit)
So tonight I was casually watching youtube videos like I always do. I came across this particular video that educated veiwers about HPD. Than at the end of the video this song started playing and I felt a sudden wave of emotion. It made me think about the people I used to hang out with and we were friends at the time. I shed a couple of tears but I don't understand why I feel like this for a brief moment? Its been 3 years since the traumatic event, I'm over it and I moved on. But sometimes I get flashbacks of the events that took place in my life. What does it mean when this happens?

Music is an awesome thing. Indeed it can remind you of, and unlock certain emotions that were stuck inside of you.

People often say 'they're over' something when they still carry old energies around with them. The fact that you hardly think about a situation anymore and tell yourself 'you let it go' doesn't mean you actually did.

Crying is letting go, it's a great thing and makes you feel lighter.

So tonight I was casually watching youtube videos like I always do. I came across this particular video that educated veiwers about HPD. Than at the end of the video this song started playing and I felt a sudden wave of emotion. It made me think about the people I used to hang out with and we were friends at the time. I shed a couple of tears but I don't understand why I feel like this for a brief moment? Its been 3 years since the traumatic event, I'm over it and I moved on. But sometimes I get flashbacks of the events that took place in my life. What does it mean when this happens?

You more than likely miss your friends.

All I can say is nostalgia is cruel. I find it worse when there is little to no closure with the situation/ the people involved. Speaking from experience, music can take me back to a time when I felt happy but I was basically living in an illusion. And from far away, that illusion seems absolutely great, and the truth is hard to swallow but it was a rollercoaster with far more downs than ups. It's way too easy to look back on all the good memories, and it makes you want to ignore what someone did to you, but you can't.

Just remind yourself that there's a reason they're not in your life anymore. That more than likely, they could have changed that if they wanted to. But if this begins to happen several times, you might wanna reach out to a counselor or friend about it.

Yeah.. music is one of the strongest forces that can impact people.. fact. Sometimes when I hear things, by will or when they are played I can cry, get happy, get angry or whatever. That is music.. and that's also why we like and dislike certain music.

All I can say is nostalgia is cruel. I find it worse when there is little to no closure with the situation/ the people involved. Speaking from experience, music can take me back to a time when I felt happy but I was basically living in an illusion. And from far away, that illusion seems absolutely great, and the truth is hard to swallow but it was a rollercoaster with far more downs than ups. It's way too easy to look back on all the good memories, and it makes you want to ignore what someone did to you, but you can't.

Just remind yourself that there's a reason they're not in your life anymore. That more than likely, they could have changed that if they wanted to. But if this begins to happen several times, you might wanna reach out to a counselor or friend about it.

I've had some issues beforehand and I could handle myself just fine, I was a happier person back then. But what they did to me and the chit they put me through really changed my life. I lost what I thought was my "family" It turns out that they were nothing more than manipulative cult members who hurt and antagonize others for their own disgusting pleasure. I guess you can say that I am broken and haunted.

Because a sense can bring on a memory. Usually this happens through smell, but any sense can trigger it.

Back