• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I can't get this Public Works Project to be suggested!

Concentric

Bells
I've been dying for my Crankies (Tom and Kabuki) to suggest a Wooden Bridge to me. They've suggested everything BUT the Wooden Bridge (in terms of what the Crankies alone can suggest), and I can't get either of them to up and suggest it!

I only have two bridges, so saying, "Well, if you have three, they won't suggest them," won't help me. I have less than 30 public works projects as well too, so I CAN create more.

I'm even going to the point of setting the time to 2 AM when ONLY Cranky villagers are awake and about so I can try to get them to ping me and suggest it. Nothing's in my inventory except tools, no Bells either, but I only ever get the odd ping that's just asking me what my favorite dish is ... or what kind of girl I am ... blahblahblah. Driving me NUTS.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

Well only one pwproject gets requested a day, so if someone suggested something else for the day don't bother trying.

I found a good strategy for forcing projects out of villagers a while ago. 1) Fill your inventory with flowers. 2)Trap the type of villager that suggests the project on a bridge by digging holes around it. 3) put on your wetsuit and swim out in the ocean for a couple minutes. DON'T SHUT YOUR DS ON THIS STEP, just let the jellyfish sting you. 4)go back to the bridge they're on and see if they ping. 5) repeat process until they do ping.

Haven't had anyone suggest anything today, but that sounds like a pretty good strategy. I can see how it'd work. I'll go do some digging and bridge-trapping. ;)

Sometimes it takes multiple days since they might not request the exact pwp you want the first time, but with patience I got my villagers to successfully request the flower arch, bus stop, and windmill this way. Goodluck! :D

Last edited:
Thing is, I've had all the Public Works suggested that the Cranky villagers can suggest aside from this one, so it's really only a matter of time. Thanks for the luck!

Oh, I feel for you. My villagers suggest things that are completely outside the theme of my town, never any cool stuff. And rarely do they suggest anything at all :p

That is exactly the issue I am having!! I had 3 bridges up until 1st of Sept, and since then I've have all the rest of the Crankies suggestions and every other bridge from my other villagers but not the one I want! D: Driving me crazy cause I keep forgetting I deleted a bridge to do this ~ but atleast my dirt paths are being kept up. xP

I also want Roald to suggest the campfire for my campground area, there's a nice big gap for it that Roald provokingly likes to visit really often, but he just. won't. ping.

I do the same thing, except I'm waiting for the police station. I usually just face my DS away and watch youtube videos in the meantime.

u want the wooden bridge??????? do u want mine???????????????? its ugly
i want the fairy tail bridge so much but theyre not suggesting it the little frickers

but yeah just be patient i guess. sap them out of every pwp

I got the fairy tale bridge (and just about every other fairy tail pwp) and I'd totally trade those frilly pwp for a simple wooden bridge.

Oh boo. I didn't realize they only request a new bridge only if you have two. I'd like the wooden bridge too.

Off topic question here; can you have 3 of the same PW bridges in your town at the same time? For example, having 3 fairy tale bridges at the same time?

Of course you can have three bridges of the same type :O And ususally PWP's don't disappear from the list after being built. That only applies for permanent PWP's (e.g. campsite).

I really want the wooden bridge, too! And I've only noticed one week ago that villagers don't ask for bridges as long as you have three in town T.T Yeah, took me 3 months to figure that out! xD

Back