Pavé
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Dark Easter Egg
Candy Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
I didn't play AC for a while and I TT'ed to the last time I played...

AND CARMEN IS LEAVING.

I really doubt that I'm going to get her picture, and now, not only do I have to cycle 16 for Truffles, I have to cycle 16 for Carmen too!

Aww man...

This is the first time it's ever happened to me, and I'm so devastated. I'm going to hold her in my cycling town.. but I cannot feel my heart anymore. It pretty much sank and burned in my stomach acid.

Wow.

She wasn't even a top dreamie and I'm freaking devastated.

ON THE UP SIDE: Now I have 1 rabbit instead of two?
//dies

I feel you. Lost Fauna, my number one dreamie. I ended up resetting my town because of it.

Oh damn, I'm so sorry. I hope you can cycle through them quickly so you can get her back. Good thing exploiting ignoring villagers is easy.

I mean, TTing has too many positives to be a negative.
-Helps get villagers out faster
-Helps get villagers in faster
-Helps get dream villagers faster (cycling, TTing a villager out for someone else...)
-Helps make money faster (to go to the island and sell at Re-Tail...)
-Helps get turnips
-Helps get items faster (TTing to a holiday/event...)

And then the negatives of those.

- Can lose a villager you don't want to have leave
- Can have a villager you don't want in your town move in
- See above
- See below
- Can spoil turnips

I would say I feel bad for you, but this is the downside of TTing.

Good luck gettin' her back then!

Aw, that stinks. :( Carmen is in my town too, and she tried to move recently but luckily I convinced her not to.
I hope you can get her back!

i feel for you as well :c
happened to me with hamphrey. i know he's not the cutest, most popular or most sought after villager but he was my first grump and i loved him to death because he always made me laugh. and then, suddenly, boom. no explanation, just boxes. i didn't touch my 3ds for a week afterwards.

i hope you'll get her back as soon as possible *hugs*

She only tt'ed to the day she last played so no one would move out. why wouldn't she be shocked?

She cheated. She even knew one of the consequences of cheating is unintentionally losing villagers, so yes, I'd imagine she wouldn't be shocked that she is losing one of her villagers/

whether she cheated or not she'd still lose Carmen.

you're missing the best cheat of all. make a new character, check to see if a house is missing or if anyone is in boxes. if someone is in boxes, just reset, go back a day and stop the move. making a new character doesn't save the game. so if you catch someone gone/leaving you can still fix it.

She cheated. She even knew one of the consequences of cheating is unintentionally losing villagers, so yes, I'd imagine she wouldn't be shocked that she is losing one of her villagers/

you don't time travel, here's your medal.

i don't mean to pick a fight but why are you so adamant about time traveling = cheating?
it's an option nintendo deliberately put in the starting sequence.
to me, cheating means going against the rules, exploiting mistakes for personal profit, having an advantage.
we are ALL able to time travel. it's within the rules, not a bug, everyone has the same ability to manipulate time/events.

i really don't see why the hostility is necessary at this point.

you don't time travel, here's your medal.

I actually do Time Travel, or cheat as it is better known as, but I'll still take that medal. <3
You can take the rest of your opinions with me privately through PMs if you want.

Last edited:
did you change the time by changing the date through animal crossing, or changing your clock?

i'm really sorry that happened, it's the worst :( i only ask because i've seen (and actually linked too before, oops!) a guide that claims setting back your DS clock to the last day you played will preserve the game as it was when you stopped. aka, nobody will suddenly be missing or gone. does this pretty much debunk that? if the guide isn't true i don't want to be spreading around false info!

Does Carmen trade for Rudy? Rudy's moving out of my town and if so I'd love to help you get Carmen back!

Last edited:
People will play their games the way they see fit. Everyone has their own opinion on Time Traveling and there are pros and cons to it.
Let's be civil and if we are going to disagree with each other do so in a respectable manner.

I am sorry you lost Carmen :( I lost Tangy due to not playing for a week, she was my favorite villager too!

Tch. I played this day before - that's the thing. I haven't played since the 17th - that's why I'm shocked. She wasn't moving on the 17th when I first played.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would say I feel bad for you, but this is the downside of TTing.

Good luck gettin' her back then!

Except, I TTed back - not forward. That's what's confusing. When I said that, I was only talking about going forward and not backwards.

- - - Post Merge - - -

whether she cheated or not she'd still lose Carmen.

you're missing the best cheat of all. make a new character, check to see if a house is missing or if anyone is in boxes. if someone is in boxes, just reset, go back a day and stop the move. making a new character doesn't save the game. so if you catch someone gone/leaving you can still fix it.

I don't have room for a new character, so this would never work anyways.

Hey, genius, TTing isn't cheating. xD Hypocrite city, you're saying "omg TTing is cheating!!" but you TT yourself. :?

Anyway, I'm so sorry that you lost Carmen! :C She's such a cutie.

(I for one don't TT. It makes me nervous that something like this would happen.)

Back