• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I am beginning to think my little experiment with villagers will fail

VioletsTown

Bells
So, once I achieved my dream village, I have let them go one by one. My new goal was to meet all 333 villagers. You know, just have them for a bit, enjoy them, then let them go when they ask to go.

Well, the problem is, I think towns are prone to certain villagers. I had Elvis twice before, the dude has just moved in again! And its not just Elvis, some others are moving back in too. Sigh. Well, I am going to keep going, but I am a bit disappointed in the repeats. I am also sad to see the lack of diversity. There was a point when I was seeing nothing but cat villagers. I also rarely get koalas, or birds. I am beginning to think this game is designed, on some level, to encourage online trading, so your town is just prone to certain villagers. Which is great, unless you are doing the experiment I am doing or you are an introvert. :)

I would be really interested to hear from cyclers especially. Do you guys get repeats? Do you feel like you see different villagers? If you kept going, do you think you will meet all 333 villagers?

Last edited:
I don't get a lot of random move-ins anymore, but there are definitely certain villagers that won't stay out of my campsite. I only ever get like 2 or 3 campers and they just constantly cycle through.

Unfortunately, they're all ugly. If Chow comes back one more time I might burn his tent down.

I notice this when i TT to see who's moving in, and most villagers is repeated.

Seems different game is tie to a certain set of villagers?

Or u have to meet a certain rare villager to trigger the next group?

Hmm .........

Maybe the game brings back villagers they feel you have not bonded with enough so the games is trying to give you a second chance with the villagers but IDK...

That sucks. I'd love to do something like this in NL. I did it in WW :D

Last edited:
Back