Hyrule Warriors

Whoo, I'm totally digging that DLC...
And I almost never watch/read reviews. I know I'll get a lot of enjoyment out of this game. That is all I need to know to have preordered it.
I'm thinking Skull kid and maybe... Fierce Deity Link? Or maybe that would just be a costume. I'm not sure.

Probably Darunia and Mikau. Maybe Skull Kid
Darunia is from Ocarina of Time. Darmani is the Goron chieftain from Majora's Mask. I doubt they're going to include another Goron as it would probably just be a rehash of Darunia.

I'm going to guess Skull Kid and Mikau. Fierce Deity would be wicked, but he is a little giant, don't cha think?

Like all other Polygon reviews, it's a waste of time. I just read it out of curiosity, and honestly I don't see how that place stays in business if these are the kinds of people writing for them. Very little research is done if any, and personal views come into play way too often. I'd say read this one review and you have a feel for how basically all their reviews are.

This or the Dragon's Crown review. That one's worse due to reasons you can probably imagine.

Polygon totally just gives it the "first look" review and doesn't give it more than a few weeks. Like they've just GOT TO HURRY UP AND PUT OUT THEIR REVIEW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE and then they half ass it

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, what is this about Season Passes. Don't do this to me just give me the damn DLC. But talk about embracing DLC like crazy. From there being basically ZERO DLC on the Wii & DS to there being many now is cool, so keep it coming.

Last edited:
So, Hyrule Warriors is pretty fun. I've only played the first level so far, but I imagine as more things get unlocked to use for attacking the fun factor goes up.

One week left!
Screenshot_2014-09-19-06-31-55.jpg

oh in 12 hours i will have this game but pre sure i ate raw bacon so i'll probs get food poisoning and not be able to get it until sunday fml

oh in 12 hours i will have this game but pre sure i ate raw bacon so i'll probs get food poisoning and not be able to get it until sunday fml
Why the hell did you eat raw bacon?

Anyway, when you go into off-TV mode it just shows the message "Playing in off-TV mode, look at the Game Pad" or whatever. And the framerate on the Game Pad is not the greatest. So if you're like me and somebody that would rather play with the off-TV function, then you're gonna have a slightly bad time with it.

How are people playing it in English and screenshotting it already? I've not been paying attention to it all.

Why the hell did you eat raw bacon?

Anyway, when you go into off-TV mode it just shows the message "Playing in off-TV mode, look at the Game Pad" or whatever. And the framerate on the Game Pad is not the greatest. So if you're like me and somebody that would rather play with the off-TV function, then you're gonna have a slightly bad time with it.

It was in pasta and I didn't know it was raw until I ate it all and then I was like "ummm that **** didn't look cooked" and now I have really bad stomach ache FML

I AM GONNA HAVE TO PULL THROUGH AND PICK IT UP THO!!!

Last edited:
As much as I was interested in the game, I had to pass once it was said that there would be no online play. I just don't have anyone in the immediate vicinity to play with in person. And it doesn't look like the kind of game I'd enjoy playing solo. I'll have to content myself with YouTube videos after release, I guess!

As much as I was interested in the game, I had to pass once it was said that there would be no online play. I just don't have anyone in the immediate vicinity to play with in person. And it doesn't look like the kind of game I'd enjoy playing solo. I'll have to content myself with YouTube videos after release, I guess!
To be fair, Dynasty Warriors' online play is really crappy. They're not the kind of games you can easily throw online and it just works. Even the co-op is wonky.

How's the framerate? I heard it's like sub-par 30fps
Playing it on TV, I noticed very few slowdowns and the action was nice and fast. Maybe it drops in later stages, but I would say it's above 30, though I'm terrible at estimating how high. My TV also isn't that amazing, it's aged quite a few years.
On the Game Pad is a different story. I'm not sure what causes it, but there's a considerable drop in the frames, it looks more like it runs between 20-24 FPS than 30 or higher.

How's the framerate? I heard it's like sub-par 30fps

From my experience, framerate is fine on the tv and game pad (better on the tv of course but he game pad is still ok). Pit only really drops substantially when you okay in co op mode

I was rushing through Target today and I saw they had a demo for this game. WHY'D I HAVE TO BE BUSY???

Back