Hybrids etc

IndiaHawker

Bells
How much value do you put into growing and breeding all your own hybrid flowers? Or do you not care at all?

Originally was planning to breed all my own hybrids. Then at some point someone kindly tipped me without my prior knowledge, some green mums and blue roses which I was lacking.

I've tried to keep them separate but still have yet to breed those specific flower colours myself, and there's now the chance that their genetics are bred into other flowers despite my best efforts.

I've had the game since just after it came out, and still haven't managed to self breed those, alongside some others. Do you think I should just give in and start buying hybrids? Or stick it out, possibly get rid of/give away the hybrids given to me? But then as I mentioned there's still the fear that their genetics are bred into other flowers I have therefore making hybrids easier to produce and not fully bred by myself?

Idk. I'm weird and not good irl atm. Stupid questions mean a lot to me rn. thanks for any help and have a great weekend all

If you already have blue roses, you can just clone them to get more. The only reason to breed them yourself is if you want the satisfaction of doing so. Breeding blue roses is a time consuming process. You can still do it from scratch by buying rose seeds and separating them from the rest of your flowers. I wouldn't get rid of the hybrids you already have. You may as well use them.

Thanks - this is sorta what i'm getting at - the painstaking effort of doing it myself vs buying them, combined with the fact i've already been gifted them! Sorta wanna give in and buy all hybrids but worried i'll regret it - gonna turn this into a poll
Post automatically merged:

Ugh can't figure out how to change it so creating a separate poll thread

Last edited:
it took me literally 64 days to get one single blue rose. im working on doing that again with a brand new map and its the same thing, you think your going crazy because of how impossible it is LOL! the rest of the flowers arent that difficult to breed at all...you just need to buy nook seeds and water and check them every single day and eventually you will get them all. the purple pansies are a problem too, i never did get any of those; but im going to try again. its up to you though if you want to take the time and care to grow them because its frustrating if you want them Right Now.

Thanks - this is sorta what i'm getting at - the painstaking effort of doing it myself vs buying them, combined with the fact i've already been gifted them! Sorta wanna give in and buy all hybrids but worried i'll regret it - gonna turn this into a poll
I bred my own blue roses mainly because I didn't have a Nintendo Online subscription at the time. It was an interesting experience for me learning the genetics and best methods for getting blue roses. I consider it one of the pinnacle accomplishments in ACNH along with completing the museum. That being said, I don't think it's "worth" the time investment because no one else will ever know you did it yourself because all blue roses are the same. Hybrids are not very expensive to buy because most people who have them are overrun with them and some people will even pay you just to shovel hybrids up for them. All you need are a few of each to start cloning and before you know it, you'll be trying to get rid of extras yourself. If you're solo watering, you're looking at taking months to get a blue rose. Whether you want to put up with all of that just so you can see that blue rose bud appear one day after a lot of painstaking effort and be able to say "I did it!" is up to you.

I bred my own blue roses mainly because I didn't have a Nintendo Online subscription at the time. It was an interesting experience for me learning the genetics and best methods for getting blue roses. I consider it one of the pinnacle accomplishments in ACNH along with completing the museum. That being said, I don't think it's "worth" the time investment because no one else will ever know you did it yourself because all blue roses are the same. Hybrids are not very expensive to buy because most people who have them are overrun with them and some people will even pay you just to shovel hybrids up for them. All you need are a few of each to start cloning and before you know it, you'll be trying to get rid of extras yourself. If you're solo watering, you're looking at taking months to get a blue rose. Whether you want to put up with all of that just so you can see that blue rose bud appear one day after a lot of painstaking effort and be able to say "I did it!" is up to you.
Thank you! I think the part thats messing with me is that someone already gave me some hybrids and even if i get rid, they may have bred their genetics into other flowers and affected/increased likelihood of them producing hybrids etc. Idk. I've been out of touch with AC lately and feel this could help me get back int it but im worried i'll 'ruin' my only world in my eyes but idk. on new meds and all is fuzzy rn cheers for help

Thank you! I think the part thats messing with me is that someone already gave me some hybrids and even if i get rid, they may have bred their genetics into other flowers and affected/increased likelihood of them producing hybrids etc. Idk. I've been out of touch with AC lately and feel this could help me get back int it but im worried i'll 'ruin' my only world in my eyes but idk. on new meds and all is fuzzy rn cheers for help
If you're worried about the flowers you already have, then gather them all and put them all in one area and surround them with hard paths so they have nowhere to produce offspring. Most hybrid breeding methods call for buying seed bags from Nook / Leif and only using those because using flowers with unknown genetics can completely mess up the method. As long as you have a dedicated breeding area for your new hybrids that's separate from the flowers you already have, you'll be fine.

goodness! i had no idea people hired others to dig up their flower beds. where do i find those people? im short on hybrids too!
if i were you IndiaHawker, i would just remove every flower in the game OR clear 2 areas for all of them. ive done that myself, cleared an area for the 'infected' and started breeding new flowers in the now cleared areas. Red Cat mentioned this too. it works but its a total pain...but satisfying once youve gotten your flowers.

Back