• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How to be a good home host to the villagers?

Bells
There is a feature where villagers will visit your home, either through inviting them in or as an unexpected surprise, and instead of bickering about why they do this (since if I did, I would be a hypocrite, as I do the same thing to all of my villagers), this post is kind of different, I want to learn how to be a good home host.

Everytime a villager visits my home (or asks to visit, in some cases.), I get anxious and nervous (like I do in real life when someone wants to hang out, due to being more of an introvert.) of what to do, and take a break off the Switch to wait for them to request to leave, and I feel kind of like a jerk for doing this, especially to Aurora and Chevre, they kind of make me feel more gulity than usual when they said "I've always hated long goodbyes." (scathing). And I kind of want to get into the habit of being a good host for the villagers at my home and make them feel like I care. What are the ways to be a good host?

The main reason I post this is because I feel like I am being unfair and hypocritical to my villagers when I don't let them go into my house, since they are always willing to let me in their house when I barge in uninvited. (Though, I also get anxious and nervous when they invite me into their house, since I don't really know what to do.)

Last edited:
I take visiting villagers to each room in my rep's house and play the low card/high card game if they ask and that seems to make them happy.I don't think you really have to do much beyond that but you could give them a gift if you really like the villager that's visiting.

Thanks for replying and giving me an advice, it's not for a specific villager, it's just in general, since I want to do the same for them, since all of the villagers are willing to let me in their house.

I talk to them a few times. I have no idea if it makes a difference but I take short pauses between conversations so they can wander around (at least it helps them say more varied things) and stuff. I also show them the other rooms and talk to them in there a couple of times. Most of my talking takes place in the main room, mainly because that's the one with the most stuff in it and it's cute when they comment on the objects.

That's pretty much it :) There's no need to be nervous, it's hard to mess up and make them mad at you. I think that sometimes they also give you hints about what they'd like to do, such as mentioning how much they want to see the other rooms.

Good news, I did the suggestions and it's been coming along. Azalea, Mira (when she was actually up earlier than usual yesterday, heh), and Chevre all send me thank-you letters and gifts for letting them come over, so I must have did something right. (Though, it's kind of funny that Chevre wanted to come over twice this week. She has been the most frequent visitor so far, for some reason, as she was over last week as a surprise visit.) Thanks for the help, everyone.

Last edited:
I always talk to them a few times. I don’t fuss too much since they are just virtual pixels.

I do a few dance moves (from the expressions section) or some stretches. Occasionally they’ll repeat these moves, so it’s fun to see. (You get the dances and stretches after leading a certain amount of exercise classes in the plaza.)

Also, I walk toward some random item in the room. This prompts some dialogue from the villager. For example, I booted up my laptop (in-game) and Shari remarked on how I had a home office. They don’t comment on everything, but it’s worth a shot!

Back