• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How much time do you spend watching video media (e.g. Netflix, YouTube, television) per day?

How much time do you spend watching video media (e.g. Netflix, YouTube, television) per day?

• Less than 30 minutes per day

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • 30 minutes to 1 hour per day

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • More than 1 hour but less than 2 hours per day

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • More than 2 hours but less than 3 hours per day

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • More than 3 hours but less than 4 hours per day

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • More than 4 hours but less than 5 hours per day

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Between 5 and 8 hours per day

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • More than 8 hours per day

Votes: 6 6.2%

• Total voters
Probably 3 hours a day I would say. Whenever I get home from work and have time relaxing after dinner. Really depends on my work schedule for that day I think.

I probably spend around 4-5 hours actively watching shows or YouTube. And I can’t sleep without the tv on so I have it play my favorite show (the west wing) all night.

Around a half an hour to an hour. I enjoy documentaries, business advice, sermons and whatnot, and those are typically long in nature. So one or two videos later and I'm already getting a headache! lol

On days I have to work I only watch tv for like an hour maybe two at night, on days I'm not working I watch YouTube throughout the day to take online school breaks and then at night I'll watch my current television binge show

If you add up all the time you spend watching YouTube, live streams, Netflix (or other streaming services) and television, how much time do you spend watching media per day?

Do you think you spend too much time watching, or do you not have enough time to watch?

What sort of media are you watching? Do you spend a lot of time watching one type, but not much of another?

Do you even turn your TV on anymore? 📺

I've made the poll anonymous, because no judgement here! 😊
i honestly spend more than i should... i think about 2 hrs a day? i just dont feel productive while doing it so it makes me feel guilty lol but i find myself scrolling and sceolling through tiktok and youtube... i also watch netflix for abt 1 hr? or maybe 2 idk it depends 😭 i should study more

YouTube and Hulu maybe 2 or 3. Right now I’m playing Bins Burgers on Hulu. It’s been playing in the background for like 6 episodes now lol. I just like to wind down after work.

Depends how much duties I have on a day to do. It varies so between 3-6 hours (YouTube and/or TV).

I’d say between 3 and 4 hours. That time is spent watching anime or sports. I don’t count the amount of time I use the TV to play video games or anything else. That would be wayyyyy over eight hours on certain days, lmao.

I know that I watch too much, but I have a few classes at my school where I don't have any work, so I end up watching Netflix during those classes. I think I watch Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, and Disney Plus. I don't watch shows on the tv anymore. I would say I watch around 4 hours of video media a day. Roughly 2 to 3 episodes on video streaming services, which makes an hour to 1.5 hours, and sooo many videos on Youtube.

I only spend like 2 hours a day watching YouTube and its starting to become the new TV and I quote Eustace from Courage the Cowardly Dog "2.000 channels and still nothing to watch"

It varies a lot depending on the day and what I feel like doing. There are some days where I'll just play games or attend to other activities and only watch like 30 or so minutes of TV. There are other days where I'll watch a lot of sports and thus exceed 8 hours, like during the recent Olympics where I was basically watching the coverage all day, lol. I want to say on average it's probably around 4 or so hours?

30 min or an hour on random days. TV nowadays is boring and we already watched stuff for Christmas on streaming apps. Just nothing really to watch when you already see it so often.

I work a lot so on the days I work I probs watch up to 5 hours of youtube/netflix a day mostly before and after work. But on days off if I am not going out on an adventure then I am usually on it all day while I play video games :)

Probably like an hour or two on days I have off, but around half an hour or so on days I have to work.

Around 30 mins of youtube while I get ready for work in the morning, mostly news or a podcast. I don't really watch any TV shows and Netflix regularly anymore, but when I do I will marathon it during the weekend or something. I just have no time during the work week to watch anything, plus I can't multitask. When I'm working on my computer I will play music from my playlist. Sometimes I play music on Youtube but I always get distracted by MVs or something else in my recommended.

one hour/one hour and a half of tv a day, at meals. then a lot of youtube in my free time. a whole lot. but usually really long videos i can listen to while doing other things. right now for example i'm listening to a dramatic reading of a bad fanfiction while playing new leaf.

i honestly can't think in terms of hours because it has to be most of the day. now if its actively sitting and watching, probably less than 3 hours, but i ALWAYS have a video in the background, be it a podcast/music/talking video or whatever.

Back