• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How many scallops does it usually take you to find Pascal?

Aliya

bunsbunsbunsbunsbunsbuns
Bells
Island
Seabrook
Special Snowflake
Dark Candy
Shooting Star
Rainbow Star Fragment
Vesta
Usually I find him within 3, but I'm up to 5 today and nothing. I know I didn't accidentally miss him since I've also found no pearls today, but now I'm really confused. How many does it usually take you? Maybe I need to switch characters and come back to my rep later and try again.

edit: I've had him show up the first time for both of my alt characters so I must have had the gate open earlier for trades than I thought today! I know for a fact though that it took me two tries to find him the first day, but otherwise it's been the first time every time.

Last edited:
The first day of diving took me EIGHT scallops until he finally appeared lol. All the other days so far only took me 1 scallop.

Usually 1-2 for me. Most days he showed up with the first scallop I found, but today he showed up on the second!

The most I had to catch before he popped up was around 8 to 10. But i think 3 to 4 of the first ones I caught the problem was I had the gate open. So I guess more like 5 to 7? But 2 times, he came on the first one. Today, he came on the second.

I try no to dive for to long, so I'll usually call it quits if he doesn't show up after the first 3... so yeah... I've hardly encountered him...

He usually pops up when I find the first scallop, but yesterday it took 2 for him to show. It's weird that it's so variable, though. I wonder if it's intentional or a bug...

Between 1-3 for me. It makes me sad when he doesn't appear the first time :(

I've had him swim over on the first scallop each time.
He usually pops up when I find the first scallop, but yesterday it took 2 for him to show. It's weird that it's so variable, though. I wonder if it's intentional or a bug...
Since y'all usually find him on the first scallop I have a question.
Was the scallop near the net or was it further away? I wonder if the location where you find the scallop has to do with how likely he is to show up 🤔

Since y'all usually find him on the first scallop I have a question.
Was the scallop near the net or was it further away? I wonder if the location where you find the scallop has to do with how likely he is to show up 🤔

Saw someone post earlier today saying he won't show up if the net would be in the way. Makes sense to me but I'm not sure if that's the entire problem we're dealing with here 🤔

Well this makes sense as to why Pascal wasn't showing up for me I thought I broke the game somehow. The first two times I encountered Pascal he appeared on my first scallop. Aftering TTing he didn't pop for that day on my first scallop I started to worry and TTed again and he nevered showed up and thought maybe because I had the previous scallop and I TTed again and he popped on the first scallop.

At least now I know the reason why. But this also discourages me as swimming is still as slow as in NL

I've been lucky so far, and have gotten him on the first find.
My son got him on the second.

Saw someone post earlier today saying he won't show up if the net would be in the way. Makes sense to me but I'm not sure if that's the entire problem we're dealing with here 🤔
What do you mean by net in the way? He swims underneath it... how is that possible? :eek: :eek: Did Pascal forget how to otter? I think I saw something similar, but it had to do with your character being in the way 🤔
I was told he doesn't show up if your gates are open, which makes sense... a lot of features aren't possible to do/access when the gates are open.

So far, first time has been the charm and I've been diving every day.

Back