• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

how many phones have you had?

how many (mobile) phones have you had?

Votes: 7 4.3%

Votes: 22 13.6%

Votes: 24 14.8%

Votes: 30 18.5%

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • 6+

Votes: 52 32.1%
  • none?

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
I've had five

I got given my first one as a christmas present when I was 12 because my parents wanted a way to contact me if I went for a walk somewhere (had just moved from the country to a city), I bought my second one myself when I was probably about sixteen, got given my mum's old phone when I was at university (maybe 18-19??) and had that for a few years until the screen died, my boyfriend at the time got me a new one as a birthday present and I had that until the crack on the screen from when I dropped it on concrete when I was working at a pool made it so I couldn't use the keyboard to type anymore haha, which led me to buy my current phone that I've had for the last three years or so

I honestly have no idea at this point. I'd say at least 10, probably more. I know I'm on my 4th iPhone and I had a lot of cheap flip phones when I was younger.

Four, my first phone was in 2007/08 it was an LG flip phone, then in 2009/10 I got one of those sliding qwerty phones from samsung, then I got a touch screen Huawei phone around 2012? Can't remember, then in 2014 I got a samsung galaxy S5 which I'm still currently using

I'm going to exclude family phones that I had to share.

I've had 4 phones. I got my first phone, and LG Chocolate, in hs. It only lasted 2 or 3 years before breaking. Before that, we had a family cellphone that was used for emergencies.
In college I had a free phone from Verizon that lasted years. It was a flip phone and sturdy as a rock. It lasted more than 5 years. I still remember the feeling of pressing the buttons. I miss that.
I bought my first smartphone/touchscreen, an iPhone 4S after I graduated. I think I had it for 4 years.
I upgraded to an iPhone SE (version 1) in 2016. I've had it for over 4 years. It still works in most aspects but the battery dies pretty quickly so I have to fully charge it once during the middle of the day.

Mind you, I just turned 32 so I think considering my age, it's not bad. I try not to upgrade so much to reduce waste and save money. I usually buy the cheaper, older versions of phones but I think I want to buy an iPhone 12 Pro soon. I go to a lot of Kpop concerts and we're not allowed to take videos so I'll hold my phone to my chest so the staff members can't see me recording lol. I wanted a phone that can take good quality videos in the dark. Plus, I'm probably not going to buy another phone for at least 4 years so I want this one to be current. I have sensory issues and generally I'm nitpicky. I like the flat edges of the 12 (4S and SE were also flat edged). I wish it had touchID though!

I've had two phones. Hopefully I'll get the third one soon, because this current phone is slow and sucks ass.

hmm if i can remember correctly;
- my first phone was an iphone 4 and i owned it for probably 2-3 years? i remember it mainly because my schools disney trip was two weeks before i could get my upgrade in 2014 and the thing could barely hold a charge so i was angry i couldnt get a lot of photos
- second was some kind of samsung galaxy, though which one im not so sure on
- the third was a go phone as my galaxy broke and we didnt have the money to get a new one
- fourth was another samsung i think???
- fifth was a google pixel 2, loved that thing
- now im on a iphone 11 pro max, really love this thing a lot

I had my first phone when I was 18. Im 21 and currently on my second phone. I think unless your old phone is broken, upgrading to a new phone is usually a waste of money.

i'm on my second one right now, i only had to get a new one because around this time last year my first phones battery started draining, and instead of just buying a new battery i chose to "upgrade"

it isnt really an upgrade considering i just went from having an old budget phone to a newer budget phone lol, the camera on it is kinda **** but its good enough for me. i've never cracked a screen either so i've been pretty lucky with my phones, my first one lasted me 5 years and i dont have plans to replace this one until i absolutely need to

i've had about 8 now, i forgot exactly what phones i've had but they're mostly samsungs

i had an iphone once, it went all glitchy and broke 4 days after i got it
i refuse to get another iphone because honestly i've broken a lot of phones but that broke by itself so they aren't worth getting imo

I've had 5, I believe? My first phone was a pink phone that flipped up to have a keyboard. The second was some type of android, but what kind, I'm not sure. Then an iPhone 4, then an iPhone 6 Plus. Now, my current phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8, which I've had for 3 years and will probably keep until it doesn't work anymore. Now that I'm not a teenager anymore I don't care much about having a new phone often. As long as mine works, I'm fine with it.

I had a Motorolla flip phone when I was in the six grade. I needed it because I took the bus, and would have to call around when the bus would leave me stranded. When I was on the 8th grade, I swapped it for a different phone that my aunt had. When I was on the ninth grade, I had a sidekick. Then on 11th grade, I got a blackberry. In college I switched to iPhone 5. I was with a family plan and they decided to upgrade all without letting me know, so that’s how I got the iPhone 6. Now I have an iPhone 8. I usually don’t buy new phones until my old ones died. All previous phones have had some sort of issue with batteries or something else. So I guess 6+

Sure I’m currently on my seventh phone, the first was a Motorola Pebl, then I moved to Samsung phones and had a flip one, that I can’t remember the model, and then the first Galaxy S model, later swapped to the S2 or S3, can’t remember which. I changed to Apple after those and had the iPhone 6s, then 8 and am currently on the 11 pro. Luckily they have all held up well and I’ve so far managed to not break any either.

I think five? Two (or just one??) really old ones (the small bricks with physical keyboards), a not-really-smartphone (pretty sure it already had a touchscreen keyboard) but already with some advanced functionality. Then the OnePlus 3 (fell out of my pocket and broke) and now a Samsung Galaxy S20+.

I do kinda hate how this phone is way too good... It's dangerous!

Back