• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How long do you spending on playing Animal Crossing a day?

i've been playing 4-6 hours off and on almost every day since i started my town in mid-november.

Probs like 1-2 hours a day. :p
Usually do something else and just leave the 3DS on in case I want to check something.

It varies a lot. Sometimes I have phases when I don't play at all or play very little and sometimes I have phases when I play for hours on end. Lately I've been playing for 15 minutes or less a day, skipping some days altogether.

Last edited:
It really depends. When my landscaping grinds to a halt due to certain conditions then I play less. In those cases I just do my daily "chores", as I like to call them, and it doesn't extend much beyond that. If I've had a spark of inspiration for my town then I can spend up to 4 hours playing, but that seldom happens.

I've been playing a lot recently, but I suppose most of the time I spend "playing is half me actually doing stuff in my town and half me just leaving my 3DS open while I browse through stuff on my phone instead and just check on it every few minutes. Maybe about... 3 hours per day is spent actually paying full attention to the game? I don't know ?\_(ツ)_/? I've been neglecting to playing pokemon moon ever since I completed my pokedex so I've just been playing animal crossing and no other games. I've been sick for a few weeks now so I have had all day to sit and do nothing productive!

maybe 4-5 hours a day. 30 minutes to an hour in the morning before work and however long I can stay up for after work. I'm usually in bed playing for at least 30 minutes to put me to sleep lol.

at the moment 3 hours of effective play and 6 with my ds in sleep mode while I'm there waiting for some trades ^^

Last edited:
Like 20 minutes every morning and sometimes I will pick it up in the evening for 10-20 minutes.

Usually on school days I don't have time to go on, but on weekends/holidays I usually play for 30-45 minutes.

Honestly I get in the mood to play for a stream of a week maybe and I just binge it. Then I can go weeks without playing. Kinda ruins the fun but right now I'm giving my town a makeover so after that I'll play more steady.

I stopped play for over a year...can't remember the exact. I started picking it back up a few days ago when I heard about the updates. So, I probably played far more than I should admit the last few days just in getting my towns picked up...Probably somewhere between 6-8 hours (I just leave it open and get on and off it). During the weekdays though I'm sure I'll only check in for about a hour just to check villagers due to being busy.

Back