• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How long do you spending on playing Animal Crossing a day?

i've been playing 4-6 hours off and on almost every day since i started my town in mid-november.

Probs like 1-2 hours a day. :p
Usually do something else and just leave the 3DS on in case I want to check something.

It varies a lot. Sometimes I have phases when I don't play at all or play very little and sometimes I have phases when I play for hours on end. Lately I've been playing for 15 minutes or less a day, skipping some days altogether.

Last edited:
It really depends. When my landscaping grinds to a halt due to certain conditions then I play less. In those cases I just do my daily "chores", as I like to call them, and it doesn't extend much beyond that. If I've had a spark of inspiration for my town then I can spend up to 4 hours playing, but that seldom happens.

I've been playing a lot recently, but I suppose most of the time I spend "playing is half me actually doing stuff in my town and half me just leaving my 3DS open while I browse through stuff on my phone instead and just check on it every few minutes. Maybe about... 3 hours per day is spent actually paying full attention to the game? I don't know ?\_(ツ)_/? I've been neglecting to playing pokemon moon ever since I completed my pokedex so I've just been playing animal crossing and no other games. I've been sick for a few weeks now so I have had all day to sit and do nothing productive!

maybe 4-5 hours a day. 30 minutes to an hour in the morning before work and however long I can stay up for after work. I'm usually in bed playing for at least 30 minutes to put me to sleep lol.

at the moment 3 hours of effective play and 6 with my ds in sleep mode while I'm there waiting for some trades ^^

Last edited:
Like 20 minutes every morning and sometimes I will pick it up in the evening for 10-20 minutes.

Usually on school days I don't have time to go on, but on weekends/holidays I usually play for 30-45 minutes.

Honestly I get in the mood to play for a stream of a week maybe and I just binge it. Then I can go weeks without playing. Kinda ruins the fun but right now I'm giving my town a makeover so after that I'll play more steady.

I stopped play for over a year...can't remember the exact. I started picking it back up a few days ago when I heard about the updates. So, I probably played far more than I should admit the last few days just in getting my towns picked up...Probably somewhere between 6-8 hours (I just leave it open and get on and off it). During the weekdays though I'm sure I'll only check in for about a hour just to check villagers due to being busy.

Back