How do you feel about your current town?

Liability

Elusive Shy Kid
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
8226-7429-0212
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Timmy Christmas Doll
My current town of Ansvar has been going for over a year now, and even though I love the layout and it's honestly perfect, I just feel unhappy with it. I'm currently finding myself wanting to grab one of my abandoned NL gamecards to make a new town. So many people on here are attached to their towns, and I wish I had the same passion, but I feel so easily bored. Does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

I nearly finished 3 towns yet I was never a 100% happy with any of them.
I guess that's because of our perfectionism.
All those dream towns make it seem like ''perfect'' ist normal which means that ''normal'' towns aren't good enough to have fun with.
Ac has always been such a peaceful game with it's own character so you shouln't think too much while playing.
I still play NL pretty often and only got bored of it when I thought that I HAVE to finish my town or HAVE to pay off my loan.

Mine is okay. It really isn't as fancy as others' towns but it's my town that I like to play in so that's good enough for me. :D Though maybe I'll eventually feel like improving it in different ways, like by putting down paths and plot resetting. The latter would feel a bit much though.

I love both my towns. Since making my second town, I've never had the urge to make a new town. I'm just happy with slowly finishing this town until the new game in 2020.

Both of my towns just feel like they still need work, especially my first one. There are some things I don't like about my first town (Character faces, where the campground went when the Amiibo update happened, etc.) but I do not have the heart to delete the town at all, which is why I have the second town in the first place.

I have only one town so far, but I wanted to order a second copy of the game and make a second town.
For my current town, there are things I like about it so much that I don?t wanna erase it and start over, but I do wanna start a second town soon. The layout it really unique and I haven?t ever seen a town with a layout like mine. However, the river cuts through the town in a way that makes it seem like there?s less space. So it?s hard for me to find good places to build PWP?s. Also, I haven?t modified the town in any big way (no paths that I put on the ground it?s mostly natural). But I like that I have most of my dreamies already in this town, I have Nooks shop upgraded all the way and the museum almost full, and almost all the PWP requests that I want. With all the work I put into it I?m definitely keeping it, but I?m ordering a second copy of the game to start a new town: I want to choose my layout more carefully in my second town now that I know what I want and what I?m looking for. I?m also going to choose my characters face a little better and make sure my home location is in a good spot - because those are all the things you can?t change and I was picking them pretty carelessly when I started my first town!

I 90% enjoy my town! I switched to a few themes in my town over the past years, and now I'm just ending up as a cherry blossom village that's surrounded with white/pink/purple/black flowers that's around my town. The only struggle is that i'm looking for PWP for my town, and also where villagers move at. I have almost all of my dreamies, specially pink/and cute ones! <3

Here goes the crazy girl with four towns, talking about her four towns I LOVE Moriyo Village, this town is my pride and joy. I've never been so happy as I am with Moriyo with my original town, New Town, before I recreated it and made Townie on the game card. I've spent I think 2+ years irl working on Moriyo, and while it's not fully done yet (I'm close thou!) it's soo much more better than I could have imagined.

I'm quite pleased with how far Treehut has come along in what I consider a short amount of time, since I tend to work on my towns for a long time. Treehut is my second favorite town, inspired off of my second fav game series Rune Factory. Luminosa and Townie still needs lot of development, but overall they're coming along.

I like it, map is definitely not the best but not starting over now lol :]

Well, I'm thinking about to maybe restart my town. Trying out something new, maybe playing as a
boy this time (since I played the whole time as a girl), use a new town theme and such. Since we
have to wait for the new AC game on the Switch, I guess I could make a fresh start here. I do like
my current town, don't get me wrong, but I kinda get bored from it? I will think about it.

I just started a new town called Hogroost and I have high hopes for it. I want to play in this town until New Horizons is released.

My town is a labour of love and has been for over 4 years. I don't think it's perfect or the best and not anywhere close to finished. But it makes me happy. I have thought about starting new towns but I just can't move on from Azulon. So it'll be my one and only New Leaf town and I'm proud of it. :)

My town Fireleaf has only existed for a few months, but I still think it is the best town I have ever played in. 6 ponds is difficult to work with at times, but it's really rewarding to make a good town out of it. As soon as someone requests the torch PWP I plan on filling it with them (hence the name Fireleaf).

My town Fireleaf has only existed for a few months, but I still think it is the best town I have ever played in. 6 ponds is difficult to work with at times, but it's really rewarding to make a good town out of it. As soon as someone requests the torch PWP I plan on filling it with them (hence the name Fireleaf).

geez 6 ponds? the most i've ever seen is 5. i can barely even handle 3, so props to you. should've named your town Waterleaf

Last edited:
geez 6 ponds? the most i've ever seen is 5. i can barely even handle 3, so props to you. should've named your town Waterleaf

My Gamecube town is actually called Waterlog, so I guess the name could have fit here. Fireleaf will still end up fitting in the end, as I fill the entire town with torches and fire pits.

I11D7HP.jpg

My Gamecube town is actually called Waterlog, so I guess the name could have fit here. Fireleaf will still end up fitting in the end, as I fill the entire town with torches and fire pits.

I11D7HP.jpg

that's so many. i'd be screaming every time i ran into the one in front of the train station

I honestly love my main town but I definitely get bored with it every here and there. I ended up making a second town to give me the choice of which I want to put my effort into that day, it helps to keep me from getting too bored with either. Especially because I purposefully picked a really different map than my first and am using the new town to try out some ideas that didn?t fit or match with my main one! It helps a ton to come back to my main town with a fresh perspective after experimenting in my second for awhile

I love my main town, it's completely finished, My second town, I really like but I'm frustrated on path layout so I've barely landscaped at all there.
And Redbow is my cycling town, so it gets reset every couple months. BUT this time around, I like my home decor, which I've never spent a lot of time with in any other town.

ummm i think it's okay at the moment. not much happening in terms of the actual town appearance but my characters are shaping up! i still have so much to do with blossom, i'll get there someday (maybe) lmao

My main, horror-themed town has a pretty bad map layout. I've honestly, if only for passing moments, considered restarting it because I really don't like certain aspects of it. Back when I made it, I was impatient and chose a town based on the starting villagers rather than the actual layout of the map because acquiring my dream villagers was the most important aspect. Additionally, my mayor's house is blocking the view of the waterfall and I hate that (it looked better before the house fully expanded). Oh, and the Welcome Amiibo update's addition of Harvey's RV Park threw that area's entry point in a very narrow, ugly strip of land where it makes no sense that an RV could traverse its way there to.

I make do with most of it, though I really wish I could acquire Ankha's amiibo card cheaply and just move her house down away from the train station and around the areas where the other villagers have theirs. Alas. I've put too much time into the town, acquired the villagers I wanted to live in it, filled out too much of my fish/bug/deep-sea catalogues and shopping catalogues, and more, to ever want to actually remake the town at this point. In a way, the town is a horror unto itself, which I suppose is fitting even if unintentional.

My all-bird species town has a pretty nice map layout, I think. I'm happy with it. I think I learned my lesson from my main town when making it.

Same goes for my hybrid circus/magic show-themed town, with a few caveats. I generally like the map, but there are a few unfortunately placed rocks that threw a wrench into some plans I had and that are just sort of unsightly.

Aside from map layouts, I enjoy playing in all three, so I'd guess that's what matters.

Last edited:
Back