• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How do you feel about the name of the game?

cornimer

grab acorns 'til you're delirious
Bells
Island
Crayola
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Splat Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Kaleidoclover
Flower Glow Wand
Honestly I wish it didn't have "New" in the title. I wish it was more unique and distinguishable from "New Leaf." That was the one thing I was disappointed about from the trailer

Honestly, I don't care for it. I get the idea of it, but it doesn't sound as fitting I guess.
It doesn't bother me much, though.

"New Horizons" is literally the same basic meaning as "New Leaf" anyway. Like, 'I'm turning over a new leaf'. 'I'm taking myself to new horizons'... Like they really could have been more clever with that tbh. But oh well. Can't win them all.

It didn't occur to me about the 'new' in the title until a few hours after the direct. I don't think the name really fits and kind of is odd but I think it will grow on me.

Yeah, the name and the meaning are both too similar to New Leaf for my liking. I would have preferred something completely different.

The name itself is fine an fitting. However, like other, I'm a bit surprised that they went with "New Horizons" when "New Leaf" was the previous entry. They could've done other titles like "Expanding Horizons" or "Beyond Horizons" and kept the same feel without seeming too similar.

I would have called the game "Ground Up" as you build your town from the "Ground Up".

The name itself is fine an fitting. However, like other, I'm a bit surprised that they went with "New Horizons" when "New Leaf" was the previous entry. They could've done other titles like "Expanding Horizons" or "Beyond Horizons" and kept the same feel without seeming too similar.

I would have called the game "Ground Up" as you build your town from the "Ground Up".

I like "Beyond Horizons" if they were set on using "Horizons" in the name. "Ground Up" is fun too and makes sense.

I think it sounds a bit too similar to New Leaf?regardless, I don't care about it all that much.

Yeah same here, it kind of irks me that the word ''New'' is in the title again. It doesn't really do anything for me besides that. It's gonna be the title of like the best game ever so I'm sure I'll get attached to it someday but looking at it now it's kinda mehhhh...

At least New Leaf came from something ''turning over a new leaf'', New Horizons seems to simply reference that you're moving to a deserted island. Unless I'm missing something of course

I mean for me, the name doesn't matter as long as the game itself is good. But overall, I do like the name.

Yea, I'm on that camp too. As long as the game is good and does not have the same shorthand title as a previous entry, I'm cool.

It doesn't bother me overall, but it isn't the most creative name I guess since it basically has the same meaning behind "New Leaf". It does however fit the overall theme of the game though.

Don't care. A video game's name doesn't affect how fun it is. It could be called Animal Crossing: Tom Nook's Latest Evil Scheme to Get Rich and I'd still buy it if it looked fun.

Back