• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How do you feel about the game so far?

Audrey Marie

cozy adventurer
Bells
Switch
3591-5161-3438
Silver Mailbox
Tasty Cake
Do you like the idea of crafting? Or did you like buying your way up in previous games?

The crafting is fun. I just wish the tools wouldn't break, or at least would break less often. Yes, this includes the regular tools, not just the flimsy ones.

The tool breakage is my biggest annoyance, but the rest of the game is super fun. I loved New Leaf, but I'm enjoying this one so much more. The things I enjoy the most in AC is collecting and customization. This game has tons of both.

It’s... a little bit too slow for my taste. I know animal crossing is meant to be taken day by day, but To not even be able to do basic things like get across the river or buy a shovel until a couple days in...yeah.

I don’t mind the crafting as much, tools breaking is annoying yes, but since I bought the upgraded recipes they don’t seem to do it as much. What I really hate is all the materials taking up space in my pockets.

I love it! I think it’s the best animal crossing already. I actually loaded up my New Leaf town a couple days in and I realized how awful it was to carry letters around just to hold your tools! As far as characters are concerned we’re not even a week out, give it some time! My one big pet peeve with the game is actually that they have items that were customizable in the last game that aren’t in this one. Instead, they just put the item with the same name in separate colors that you have to obtain on their own. If you are going to put that much emphasis on DIY, don’t do that! The biggest example was the box sofa and box corner. I got one of each and they are different colors and I can’t change it. I even picked up two different tool shelves. Same name, two different colors, can’t customize. D15B477D-64E0-48C4-AA6E-993851A6390D.jpg

Last edited:
Im loving the game so far but I do have to agree that its kinda slow. Other than that im having a lot of fun!

I’m really enjoying it. But of course, I’m only playing in small doses as of right now and only doing the things that need to be done on a day-to-day basis. Because, if not, I generally find that I have nothing to do apart from completing Nook Miles and I’m not interested in most of the items that are being advertised each day...so yeah. :p I haven’t had any luck with finding more villagers on the mystery tours either.

My bug/fish encyclopedia is over 50% complete I’d say. I remember it filling up more slowly in NL. I’m not time travelling either.

Last edited:
i’m enjoying it. there’s only so much to do per day but it’s been like that for every game lmao. and crafting is fun! i’m not fond of having to constantly replace my tools but other than that it’s fun lol

So far I am really enjoying it. I played WW and New Leaf tonnes also, so no doubt this will be the same. What do you mean by buying your way up? The crafting I am still unsure about, I only just got the game today but it seems okay so far.

I'm obsessed! I like the crafting and think it allows us to take more pride in what we obtain.... you really work for it all :)

It's fun, but I'm starting to see New Leaf was at its prime with the Animal Crossing series.

What this game does better:
- Terraforming.
- Moving Houses/Buildings.
- Graphics/Overall Visuals.
- Villagers More Immersive.
- Placing furniture outside and PWPs treated as furniture items.
- Nook Phone. Adds a really nice interactive element and challenges.

What this game does worse:
- Multiplayer. Decision making is left to whoever started the game first and player 2 is very limited. Online is also very limited not being able to add furniture outside while guests are over, there are no mini-games like Tortimer's Island, you are not allowed to visit mystery islands with friends.
- NPCs/Shops. You are very limited in permanent shops and buildings you can lay down. Able Sister's, Museum, Nook's Cranny and Resident services. No Brewster's, Katrina, Dream Suite, Kicks Shop (he only visits), Police Station, Shampoodles, Gardening Store...
- No Swimming. I loved swimming so much in new leaf and the one place where you would use it the most, they completely removed it.
- Earning Bells. Now I wouldn't say this is worse than New Leaf, more like on par? We've been making bells from bugs, fish, and fruit for like ever now. I was really hoping they'd do something different. You could craft stuff to sell, but those resources end up becoming crucial for more important things.

Last edited:
I just love it. For me, the crafting, the dialogues and the feeling I get from it, is just overwhelming. I loved New Leaf, but New Horizon is just amazing. There is sooooo much to do and the game allows you so many new things, like replanting trees or replacing houses, I just can't wait to see what will come next... especially the specially events like Bunny Day or Toy Day.

Might be a bit early to judge, but it's probably my favorite AC so far. And probably one of my favorite games in general.

i love it!! there are some questionable decisions made, like not using materials from storage while crafting in your house, but for the most part it's still an amazing animal crossing game. i feel like its way better than new leaf with all the customization and furniture/clothing options, things which are important to me. i can't wait to see what else the game has in store!

- Earning Bells. Now I wouldn't say this is worse than New Leaf, more like on par? We've been making bells from bugs, fish, and fruit for like ever now. I was really hoping they'd do something different. You could craft stuff to sell, but those resources end up becoming crucial for more important things.

i disagree that earning bells is worse than, or on par, with new leaf. in fact, i'd say it's easier and better to earn bells. it may be because i've been grinding bugs and fishes that i've come to this opinion, but i've been able to upgrade my house every day since starting my island on friday, even tho the upgrade price is way more expensive!! things seem to just sell for much more, and rare bugs and fish are come across more frequently. the rarity may be ruined, but my bank and pockets have never seen so many bells.

Last edited:
I really like the game! I do have a long list of gripes about certain things that feel like complete downgrades from New Leaf. Overall I'm still really enjoying it, despite the game's many flaws. Y'all can go find my replies to the Rant Thread if you really want to know what I am talking about...regardless, I still like the game!

Last edited:
Im a bit effy on the slowness of the tutorial and the item breaking but other than that it's gosh darn amazing

Pretty good. I get my town hall on Friday, so I haven't grinded as much as I was expected to I guess, but I'm enjoying my time so far. Gulliver visited my twice in five days which seems like a bit much, I wish he still had riddles.

I can't wait to unlock terraforming, I have a lot of ideas and I already found the perfect place for my house. Not sure how I'll handle pathing, so far I've just enjoyed chilling but I want my island to look like a real town.

Slowwww as hell, especially when you AREN'T time traveling. Love it nonetheless!

Back