Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
I was getting frustrated with Spotify playing the same songs on shuffle today, when I realized it's probably my fault because I never switched up my playlist.

I'm mostly looking for suggestions on how others go about this. For me, I'll listen to an album and hit 'add to playlist' on every song that I like. That doesn't help with discovering new bands though.

I have an eclectic music taste I can only attribute to exploring YouTube. For example, when I found Moskau by Dschinghis Khan (from a SpongeBob YouTube poop, of all places) I started listening to more disco music, then disco music from various European countries, and so on.
I also have found a lot of folk music from various cultures on YouTube, as well as Blackmore’s Night and other interesting bands.

I use YouTube like it's 2006 lol. It'll create mixes that usually have new songs that are similar to those that I've listened to.

i use spotify mostly. i'll make a playlist of songs that i like at the moment and use the recommendations to find more similar songs. it's worked pretty well for me tbh. that or i look up people's playlists. i also like using youtube recommendations too.

With so many potentially good artists and songs, I usually ask for recommendations from friends and acquaintances because I can never seem to choose something on my own. 😭 For example, I'll say, "give me a list of well-known [(sub)genre] songs" or "tell me your favorite [band/artist] songs". If I like the artist enough, I'll delve further into their discography. If not, then at least I tried something new.

Usually I hear about new music through recommendations from friends or YouTube playlists. I also go to places like thrift stores / book stores and look through CDs to find albums that seem interesting.

Generally, on Youtube. Listening to one song or one album tends to yield a lot more recommendations until it becomes a rabbit hole of music.

Additionally, I listen to a music podcast. The hosts cover different genres and speak extensively about the context of certain artists, songs and albums. If the band sounds interesting to me, I check them up and end up hearing most of that artists’ catalog.

I generally find new music in the YouTube recommendations or when using Shazam when I am out and a good song comes on in public. I don't really listen to music as much as I did when I was younger but thats how it usually goes. Sometimes Shazam fails though so the new music will remain a mystery until I hear it again and listen to the lyrics.

Sometimes I ask my friends what's their current favorite song / what they're listening to at the exact moment I'm talking to them.
Or when they send me a song on their own.
Rarely, with youtube recommendations. I rarely listen to things I don't know.

I find music in a lot of ways.. sometimes I'll just let Spotify play whatever, sometimes I'll get recommendations from people, I used to find new music on Tiktok when I used it, sometimes people will make music videos with fandoms I'm in and I'll find music that way, ect

usually through TV shows, films, edits on youtube of shows that i watch or through radio 6. or through my siblings' spotify playlists

I get inspiration for new music from my son. I have always loved music and it’s so nice that he now loves some of my favourite songs.

I typically discover new music through TikTok, shows and movies I watch, edits of media and characters I like, the radio or through friends’ recommendations!

Nowadays it’s either through the music streaming app, Pandora or Instagram videos.

Back