• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How do I....

Cottonball

#1 Sasaeng fan
Bells
Switch
0486-9372-0613
Mom's Plush
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange Mote of Flame
Red Candy
Make a certain villager wear a shirt i think they'd look good in?
I /heard/ that if you send it to them 3 times they wear it???

thanks~

You have to send it to them 5 times and they will wear.

Downside is that they might display it in their house too though.

The way I got villagers to change shirts is I carried ONLY that shirt in my pockets and emptied my bells and then saved and continued, and I just talked to them either until they didn't want to talk anymore, or until they offered to buy/trade for the shirt and then if they changed into it, I was happy. If they didn't change into the shirt, I closed the software and did it all over again. Now, if they didn't trade/buy it, just wait a few minutes and you can talk to them some more. c: That's worked for like 6 villagers for me.

I've never heard of a way without the villager themselves asking for something to replace it, but I've never had that happen to me.

The way I got villagers to change shirts is I carried ONLY that shirt in my pockets and emptied my bells and then saved and continued, and I just talked to them either until they didn't want to talk anymore, or until they offered to buy/trade for the shirt and then if they changed into it, I was happy. If they didn't change into the shirt, I closed the software and did it all over again. Now, if they didn't trade/buy it, just wait a few minutes and you can talk to them some more. c: That's worked for like 6 villagers for me.

Ohh okay! Thank you~

You could always buy the shirts back from them if they invite you over, too. That's what I used to do.

Does it really take 5 times? I sent Rosie the GracieGrace Pink Tank and she wore it immediately o-o
And I've sent animals other clothes and they've worn them.
So...where does it "5 times" thing come from? I'm legit curious.

Does it really take 5 times? I sent Rosie the GracieGrace Pink Tank and she wore it immediately o-o
And I've sent animals other clothes and they've worn them.
So...where does it "5 times" thing come from? I'm legit curious.

Same I sent Molly a shirt and she put it on right away

For me I always make custom designs and they usually wear them (Luckily I got marshal to wear the one I wanted him to)

They're probably more likely to if you're better friends, you know? There's a lot of variables now but I'd rather wear something a friend gave me than just the mayor. What does the mayor know about me? Nothing. I bet it's a friendship thing like everything else.

It may also depend on what their favorite style is. I wish the villagers would get the hint though. u_u

Back