How difficult is it to get villager pictures?

AstralFirework

Bells
It's been a strange experience for me - for the past month I gave wrapped foreign fruit religiously to the villagers whose pictures I was seeking, and got nothing, yet I have managed to get two pictures, Flurry and Peewee.

Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to take those pictures down in order to get other ones? Are the villagers just picky or is RNG working against me?

That’s a good question, me too! I have been best friends with this villager for months. She is actually one of my first villagers. And yet, even though I talk to her everyday, give her fruits, she won’t give me her picture. It’s pretty annoying. I wish there was a way to see friendship levels!

Having other photos won't impact your ability to get new ones, so you're good in that way! I've really struggled to get photos as well, I only have one. There are many guides online that will help identify the photo mechanics and what gives you more points, but I've found it's been more of random luck than anything! Just today I gave out wrapped million bell crowns and got a...ninja costume! 😂

That’s a good question, me too! I have been best friends with this villager for months. She is actually one of my first villagers. And yet, even though I talk to her everyday, give her fruits, she won’t give me her picture. It’s pretty annoying. I wish there was a way to see friendship levels!

I mean there is a way to see friendship level kinda. One way is more general to determine if you are level 1-6 with them.

The exact values you can figure out if you been tracking them from the start but it's super annoying and tedious without time travel and honestly not worth the time.

It takes about 63 days if I did the math to get a brand new villager to max friendship if you been given them wrapped fruit of 750+ value.

It really varies.. If you dig around other sites and outlets people post observational spreadsheet of how many gift they have given to obtain the framed photos. Many of these data is mislabeled as 'datamined' so might want to check that string as well. The typical range i see is 45-70 gifts. On the personal observation my framed photo typically takes a month and a half (+or- a week or two) of TT. I gift villager wrapped gold wreaths.

So good luck on the hunt.

I haven't gotten any villager pictures since the first day of release. That's how hard it is to get without gifting.

I've actually had great luck getting pictures. About a week ago I was bored and harvested all the hybrid flowers on my island. I then made as many wreaths as possible, and put them in storage. Daily, I wrap one for each villager for whom I have yet to receive a picture (3 at the time), and gift them. Yesterday, I received Frobert's (he arrived on my island July 13th) in exchange for a Natural Mum Wreath, and today, I received Lucky's (he arrived on my island July 16th) in exchange for a Chic Cosmos Wreath. The only villager on my island that's holding out is Julian (arrived August 2nd), but he's only been on my island for 10 days. I've received 13 pictures in total, and will continue to do wreaths, since it only costs a few bells for the wrapping paper, and a little bit of time.

I am having horrible luck with pictures too. I managed to get 1 the first month of the game without even trying hard. Since then I haven't gotten another one.

I got my first photo the other day and I've been playing since launch. It isn't easy to get, but I think that makes it more special when you do get one.

It really comes down to luck. Goldie is one of my original five villagers. I've been best friends with her for at least six weeks now, and I'm still trying to get her photo, whereas Bluebear moved in mid-June, and she gave me her photo two weeks ago. XD

I've been playing since March, still have a lot of my starter villagers, and have zero photos!

It depends on how much the rng hates you, and how good you are at keeping up with the daily gifts. Marina took three freaking months and a lot of the resetting trick to give me her photo, but Del gave me his for a piece of fruit last week and I didn’t even realize we had reached level 5 friendship lol.

I have Sheldon since day 1 (I purchased the game on Apr 21) and yesterday, after playing with him hide and seek, he gave me his picture. I can count with one hand the times I mailed him foreign fruit + 2 presents (a gym tee and a protein shaker bottle). I try to talk to my villagers multiple times a day, when they have a new nickname for me I just agree, if they say maybe they should change their phrase because someone else thinks is annoying I always tell them to be themselves or that I like their phrase, if they want me to buy their items I agree.

To be honest, I don't know how I was able to get his photo because I'm really forgetful -so giving them items on a religiously base I far from me-

Hmm I have a lot of pictures. Or well what's a lot... but I think around 9. I didn't even gave them gifts everyday. Also talked a lot with them and agree with some things like fun new nicknames or I made some new phrases for them. Also make them better when they are sick (so visit everyone or talk to some of your villagers because some will tell you that). Well I just did a lot for them haha

I only got a picture from sherb and poncho which both live with me very long time . All others with no luck.

Back