Share your living room layouts? (and commiserate over how hard it is to decorate)

Bells
Switch
4953-3510-6903
Ruby
Sinister Lantern
Lost Star Fragment 002.AN
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Cake
The front room of the house is so difficult to decorate, at least to me! I hate working around the giant entryways to the adjacent rooms. The space is just large enough to be awkward if not divided and just small enough that there's not enough room to place things without this cluttery feeling. Hanging things on walls feels difficult because I'm trying to balance space and it just feels so hard! I was at it all night last night trying to make a gothic/gravekeeper style foyer and I think I'm getting there but it's so irritating ahaha.

If anyone wants to post what they've done with theirs I'd love to see how you've tackled the challenge. I am in dire need of inspiration.

You can share your small rooms too tbh I'm always down to see how people work with the smaller spaces!

I had an interesting idea to use a wall partition in the space between the two side rooms and the front entrance to create a miniature room to take off your shoes, hang your coat, etc. But unless you put the partition in the middle of the doorway (not ideal), then it either is too small to be comfortable or so big that it severely limits the rest of your space.

This is how I have my living room laid out. I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out, but I like to shuffle things around a lot. I'm thinking about reworking it for the fall season soon.
Internet_20220918_132742_1.jpeg
Internet_20220918_132742_2.jpeg

i had a bunch of things in my pockets and i set them down in my front room. i thought they looked kinda cool so i arranged them. its been that way since i set all those items down lol

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 22
My main room is somewhat …. chaotic. But I like it haha.

I wanted it to be functional and practical so I squeezed in as many useful amenities as I could. So whilst it’s still got a nice little sofa, tv area and breakfast bar, it’s also got a wardrobe for easy changing, a small kitchen area and crafting table for easy crafting and a pipe that takes me straight to the shops.

BFF06B07-2266-4817-A7DA-A221AC2669D8.jpeg
23C665F1-0301-46AC-98B0-7EC1124AC7DB.jpeg
A7B4A839-601A-4288-8BF4-4F7B9D0CE8F4.jpeg
90072127-65F7-4695-B1FE-211715FE66CF.jpeg

My main room is somewhat …. chaotic. But I like it haha.

I wanted it to be functional and practical so I squeezed in as many useful amenities as I could. So whilst it’s still got a nice little sofa, tv area and breakfast bar, it’s also got a wardrobe for easy changing, a small kitchen area and crafting table for easy crafting and a pipe that takes me straight to the shops.

[various images]
There's a strange sort of organization to the chaos that I really adore about these pictures. Eclectic yet strangely uniform.

Also, every time I see the silver variant of the skull radio, my mind automatically thinks it's a Banjo-Kazooie prop before I remember that I'm looking at an image of Animal Crossing.

Back