• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How did your town get its name?

My town's name is Haven for a couple of reasons

• It sounds peaceful (almost deceptively so)
  • I'm a Huge Stephen King fan he uses Haven, Maine as his setting in a few books :3
  • I couldn't fit Middlebrook, which is ALSO in Maine- but a town of my own creation where I set all of my short stories.
  • It was the first thing to pop into my head.

Mineola goes back to City Folk, however I'm not sure if I should share it because it kind of involves personal information.

Not original. It came from a town in Skyrim. I was like "omg! That's it, it's perfect; and it was. I still use it today even after many resets. I like being alone, so the name fits me perfectly. It's my own lonely world ^.^

My main town's name is Cupcakes. I always name the towns of each AC differently, however my original choices didn't fit and after staring at Rover for half an hour while in the toilet I just put the first word that popped to my mind.

My second town is named Eidolon, coming from my endless search for a rarely used name, and because it's the name of a short film I like. It apparently means "apparition"

My town is currently named Rosedale and I feel like this is a slightly common town name but I pulled inspiration for this town name from the street I live on

So when I got my game, I was stumped when it came to names. I wanted something cute and bubbly...so the first thing that came to my head was "Luv Town". I would have named it Lovetown, but that looked odd.

Everton is the name of the town I use in my stories. It was the first thing that came to mind and since my town is forest themed it seems kind of fitting, like an evergreen forest yeah?

Last edited:
My town is called Dremoya.
It's a mixed up name of two things I was obsessed with some years ago.

1. I played a conjuration master in Skyrim, summoning Dremora to aid me in battle.
2. At the time I was binge-watching Farscape, which has a living ship called Moya.

Dremora-Moya

Everton is the name of the town I use in my stories. It was the first thing that came to mind and since my town is forest themed it seems kind of fitting, like an evergreen forest yeah?
Everton is the name of our local football grounds and football team. xD
everton-football-club-flights-654-p%5Bekm%5D237x288%5Bekm%5D.jpg

Last edited:
My town's name is Cavalier - as I have 3 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and I took a mind blank. Now I kinda like it!

I typed in a bunch of different letters at random into the town name box and Kinopot came out. Kinopot is 9 years old. Very nostalgic name for me. I use it for every game that I have to name a place in.

I wanted a Pokemon town name when I got the game on launch day, so I got a list of names from the web and picked one that sounded right, and my main town was named Cinnabar.

My second town is called Bluewood. It's a blue-themed forest town, and the name took about three seconds to put together, lol.

My town name comes from the fact that I enjoy food. Specifically the food they are named after.

I based mine off of the name 'Lydia' But that didn't sound like a 'town' name so I started adding endings and eventually I came up with Lidillia

Mine is Aladine because Robin Williams died the week i got the game (i think i got it on the monday after)..he played the genie in Aladdin, i had a brain fart and couldn't spell then i looked it up and was like better not copy right issues. My town is full of sentimental things through my life. Robin was in a lot of movies i use to watch, i felt i needed to say thank you and dedicate it to him. That and i couldn't think of anything else.

Mine is Aladine because Robin Williams died the week i got the game (i think i got it on the monday after)..he played the genie in Aladdin, i had a brain fart and couldn't spell then i looked it up and was like better not copy right issues. My town is full of sentimental things through my life. Robin was in a lot of movies i use to watch, i felt i needed to say thank you and dedicate it to him. That and i couldn't think of anything else.

Aladdin, and indeed the rest of the 1001 Nights, is public domain. That said, I like the name Aladine quite a bit!

I typed in a bunch of different letters at random into the town name box and Kinopot came out. Kinopot is 9 years old. Very nostalgic name for me. I use it for every game that I have to name a place in.
I did the same thing :) although the first time it came out something like "gtrfs" and I wanted something I can actually say, but the second try was good and that's how I got "Vehn" :)

I'll tell you after my giveaway ends *wiggles eyebrows*

i mean didn't to advertise i swear

Last edited:
I've become a bit obsessed with learning all I can about Chernobyl/Pripyat this year. I can't believe I never heard of it before then because the disaster happened in 1986 and I was a child at the time. (Of course, history and geography have never been my strong subjects.) Anyway, my mom was watching a TV movie about it and I thought it was a fake place. I mean, most movies aren't about real places, right? I didn't watch much of the movie, but because I love spooky, abandoned places, I decided to Google them and see what came up. I was surprised to see pictures of the amusement park from the movie, so I started reading about it. I don't really travel, but that's one place I would like to visit if I could.

Back