• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How did you/do you plan on getting your dreamies?

Before I got the game, I went through a list with pics online, and wrote down who I wanted. It was a long list of about 20. As I played, met villagers in dreams/friends's towns, I cut my list down even more.

Carmen and Sparro were starters. They became dreamies after I got to know them.
I asked Fuchsia from the camp, she was my 10th and I got really lucky on that, I only reset a few times.
I adopted Pietro from someone who didn't want him on ACC. Same with Monique.
Julian and Stitches got from cyclers on ACC and TBT.
The only villager I paid for technically, and it was only with a few rare items, was Merengue...that was with someone on tumblr.
Marshal I recently won in a giveaway on Reddit.
And the last dreamie I have left is Muffy. I plan on looking in all of those places for her too.

Overall, I think I've been really lucky. But I also looked in a lot of different places for my dreamies. A lot of people are generous and kind, and I always make sure to show my appreciation, either with a tip and/or with a high rating. (Some cyclers don't even like getting tipped, so it's important to find out what they want and the best way to thank them.)

In Azulia, Bluebear was one of my starters. I got Julian from a lucky villager reset. Pierce, Rosie, Jeremiah, and Yuka all came from cycling towns. I'm currently holding Skye in my main town, so getting her to the right town might take time. I might have to trade for/buy Wolfgang and Francine (unless I get really lucky and find them for free in a cycle town), but Kody shouldn't be too hard to find!

Ankha was one of my starters, then I villager reset for both Canberra and Genji. :) Now I'm just trying to get Molly~ which I'll probably trade or buy or maybe villager reset.

i just do witchhunts and always get them from here or reddit. ive only paid for a handful, really. most were cycled.

Got myself a cycle town and got some good villagers there!

I also villager resetted a lot for Fuschia, I'm glad I did, she's a sweetie.
Campsite resetted for Fauna and Whitney, I didn't have to do it for too long, I was lucky c:

I also lurked on a lot of sites (Tumblr, Reddit and TBT) for giveaways.

Getting your dreamies can be pretty exhausting but it's so worth it when everyone is finally all together. <3

Pierce, Eunice, and Wolfgang: starters
Shep and Julian: random move-ins
Mira and Apple: plot resetting
Filbert: Auction
Whitney: I had been campsite resetting for Diana but I found Whitney first. I ended up liking her better. (Diana happened to camp in my town two weeks later, and I would have taken her in as well, but I had a full town)
I plan to campsite reset for Fauna~

When I joined this forum and learned that giving/buying villagers was possible, I immediately decided that I wanted to get all my final permanent villagers by myself, from my own towns.

Wendy moved into my main town randomly via streetpass one day when I was on the bus coming home from work. She plotted in a dead perfect place, too.
Mira moved in randomly in Fiore.
I cornered the Smug plot and reset for Julian in Fiore. It took a whole 3 tries to get him to show up.
Drago showed up in Fiore's campsite while I had a full town. D: I was heartbroken and vowed to keep an open space whenever possible. He proceeded to come and camp again in Fiore the week after. xD
Static showed up in Fiore's campsite. I didn't want him at first, but then decided that he would make a good Laxus.
Marina showed up in Fiore's campsite.
Zucker showed up in Fiore's campsite.
Lucy showed up in Fiore's campsite.
Olivia showed up in Fiore's campsite.
I cornered the Cranky plot and reset for Octavian in Fiore.

... I somehow hadn't realized that not a single one of them originated in Edolas. o: How strange.

I'm also getting two dream villagers, Kyle and Papi, from two very nice TBT users.
I intend to spend as less money as I possibly can for all my dreamies.

Last edited:
I honestly never thought I would be able to get even more than 2. I currently have 7/10 and I owe it all to the amazing people on TBT! Especially Jupiter (MayorIris), who gave me Lolly for FREE, and has notified me multiple times when she saw a giveaway with one of my dreamies.

Got them all from tumblr c: There are some really nice people, for example the one who gave me Marshal for free.. :3
They don't even ask too crazy amount of bells either.. I mean I never payed more than 4 mil for a dreamie there.

i've gotten all of mine mostly on my own and i have 8/10 of them at this point. the only exception is when i lost fauna and i had a friend give her back to me again, i also have my boyfriend holding tammy for me because i lost her as well a while back and i'll be getting her again from him. i can't decide for sure on a 10th villager so i'll just get whoever shows up first in the campsite whenever that happens.

I wait it out and hope for a random appearance or for them to appear in my campsite. However, there's a friend on here that has a dreamie that I desire so much and he's offered to let me take him when he decides to finally move. I tried time traveling, but that was abysmal.

I had a dreamy list and I was lukcy enough to get them all in my town from free adoption.
I love them all to death. <3
BUT I feel like slowly changing around, so I plan on letting them all (exept Olivia and Chief) move out at a natural pace,
and slowly replace them with other villagers I find cool looking until I fall madly in love with villagers and want them to stay in my town as bad as I want Olivia and Chief to.
I feel a villager really has to LIVE in your town for a while to know for sure if he or she "fits in".
So I plan on adopting the villagers in my sig slowly, leaving priority to people who have them as dreamies though.

I have four town so a lot of villagers so I won't post who I have. But I paid most of them. I got stitches from a contest. I got poncho and the Julian in Eclipse from a random move in. Chief, Molly, Rudy and Goldie for free.

Lol so many villagers I have when I count them haha. I just had many ideas for towns the reason I have four towns.

• Lolly, Mira, Muffy, and Stitches from raffles/giveaways.
  • Rosie from a cycling thread, for free.
  • O'Hare and Diana I paid for.
  • Fang I got from trading villagers.
  • Hamlet and Fauna were random/from the game (random move in and camper).

I'll list my Dreamies obtained (along with their slot number which happened, in some cases, with move-outs of previously residing villagers which won't be listed):

APPLEWIN
01. Stitches?Villager Trading Plaza [Auction]
03. Tammy?Villager Trading Plaza [Giveaway]
06. Lolly?transferred from cycling town involving villager resets (Normal wasn't among the first five Villager Personalities)
07. Lucky?Villager Trading Plaza [Auction-turn-Giveway]
08. Rosie?Villager Trading Plaza [Auction]
09. Julian?Villager Trading Plaza [Auction]

PROGRESS
01. Ankha?Villager Trading Plaza [Auction]
02. Molly?transferred from then-existing cycling town (where she originated)
04. Bam?transferred from another cycling town since reset (which is where he had originated)
05. Fauna?Villager Trading Plaza [Auction]
06. Pietro?transferred from cycling town involving villager resets (Smug wasn't among the first five Villager Personalities)
08. Apple?Villager Trading Plaza [Auction]
09. Erik?Villager Trading Plaza [Auction]

TEMPS
01. Sprinkle?Villager Trading Plaza [Selling or Auction]
04. Tia?transferred from Progress (I had won her in a Villager Trading Plaza Auction)
06. Marshal?villager reset (Smug wasn't among the first five Villager Personalities)
07. Phoebe?villager reset (Uchi wasn't among the first five Villager Personalities)
08. Zucker?villager reset (Lazy wasn't among the first five Villager Personalities)
09. Cube?Villager Trading Plaza [Selling or Auction]
10. Merengue?Villager Trading Plaza [Auction]

Last edited:
Back