House customization should be like this in the main series

Enderwoman

Bells
If you've been playing Animal Crossing for a while you've probably realized that decorating your house is kind of a pain, especially if you're trying to organize your stuff or try to move a piece of furniture around the room. But in this spinoff, you can just select a piece of furniture and move it around the room freely! I'm honestly surprised they haven't implement something like this in any of the main series games. They could have at least added it in City Folk or Wild World, you'd think it would it would be a no brainer with the touch screen and Wiimote. Do you think they should make house customization in future AC games like this game?

I actually enjoy the realism of dragging my furniture around. It's far more realistic then click place and rotate like the Sims.

^^^ i agree with this

it would be pretty strange to have that 3rd person furniture placement when acnl is designed to be realistic. it would look kinda out of place if ya ask me

I'm thinking that it will be like this in the next main game and that HHD is just something a B-team made with resources from the main game development.

Hopefully not. I love dragging furniture, it's fun. :) It is also a nice realistic aspect in the game.

You could still drag furniture around if you want, but for people like me who find it really bothersome to do and organize it would be a blessing.

Also I don't see how Animal Crossing is realistic in any sense.

Last edited:
AC isn't realistic, but it has many realistic aspects. Dragging around furniture, killing flowers by trampling them, flowers spread, shops, etc.

Maybe this will be incorporated into the next full version...who knows

I do like aspects I've seen in the clips like being able to move rugs and possible diagonal furniture? So cool!
But I do like dragging my stuff around the house. It's cute.

I personally like the way it is now, but I'd like the option to have both. I could see there being an edit room mode on the bottom touch screen next to the light switch.

I love the way it is now, being able to click and place furniture a la Sims just doesn't feel right to me... But I did like certrain things I saw in the trailer like being able to place rugs separately on top of whatever flooring you want and move them freely! That's nice.

Maybe you could have movers come over and that'd be the 3rd person dragging's "excuse" if you will. Keeping the optional drag-it-yourself idea to the game.

Oh my gosh, it would be so much easier to just have a touch screen! In addition, I would love it if the PWP placement aswell as player homes would be like that! It would make everything so much easier...

I'm thinking that it will be like this in the next main game and that HHD is just something a B-team made with resources from the main game development.

I agree. I'm thinking it'll be in the next Animal Crossing games. Which is fine by me! Much easier than spinning them all around and such. xD

This could be their experimental game, they could be trying things out to see how fans react? It doesn't look so fun to me, but we'll see.

I notice there are lampshades on the ceiling in every room. I wonder if we'll have to jump up to place them there.
Also, I'd like to be able to decorate the villagers houses. I don't collect bugs/fish for villagers anymore coz it just turns the houses into a mess.
And, I hope there's a card folder available like there was for the Kid Icarus cards.

Last edited:
I notice there are lampshades on the ceiling in every room. I wonder if we'll have to jump up to place them there.
Also, I'd like to be able to decorate the villagers houses. I don't collect bugs/fish for villagers anymore coz it just turns the houses into a mess.
And, I hope there's a card folder available like there was for the Kid Icarus cards.

The messy houses from bugs and fish. Ugh! Why can't the animals take our treasures and just sell them instead of cluttering up their houses!

Back