• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Least favourite feature in the entire series so far?

Holla

🌸
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
I’m sure we all have a list of features in Animal Crossing games over the years that we’ve disliked but if you had to pick one to be your absolute least fave what would it be?

For me, it would be villagers moving out without your consent. I was so sad when Stitches suddenly moved out of my WW town and it made me begin to lose interest in the game. Also, I honestly felt discouraged to collect my dreamies in any AC game except for New Horizons since that's the only game in the franchise where I can take long breaks from playing it and not worry about villagers moving out of my island.

Villagers moving out and putting their plots wherever they want. I'm happy New Horizons changed this.

I hate the tools crafting and breaking. I want to make it once and be done.

The tools breaking. Unfortunately, nothing can top that for me. (Or maybe fortunately?)

Only real ones remember grass deterioration 🌿

I absolutely hated it in City Folk and New Leaf. I didn't really play Wild World enough and there were plenty of mud spots as it was in that game that it never bothered me. BUT IN CITY FOLK AND NEW LEAF, as someone who did not run at all it still happened eventually. Though I do miss it... I believe that the rate it happened in New Leaf was good but I wish the re-growing process was easier. It had its own charm!

In New Leaf it was brown and at least lead to aesthetic paths but in City Folk that yellow was so ugly im sorry-

the MENU HASSLE orville puts you through every time you want to fly or have visitors. yes i want to connect with people i may not know, yes i am absolutely sure, sue me.

another nh one i’m not a fan of is the automatic bulletin board posts. i wish i could disable them, because i have a lot of art that gets erased that way.

I hate the rolling log effect they've used since Wild World to make it look like we live on a tiny planet. It's just a cheap trick to limit the draw distance, and the number of things the system has to render on screen.

i really disliked grass deterioration and flowers dying as well >.<
and i hope they remove the rolling effect from the next game too, to at least see what its like without it

I hate the rolling log effect they've used since Wild World to make it look like we live on a tiny planet. It's just a cheap trick to limit the draw distance, and the number of things the system has to render on screen.
I like it because it reminds me of Wild World and the nostalgia of it, but when you really think about it, it is a bit strange

I agree with the others!!
I really like how they added crafting into the new game but I hate how tedious when I want like 100 fish bait and with the able sisters in nh I like to collect all the colours but it's such a process to go in and out of the change rooms all the time...I wish there was a shopping basket option or something

In NH, my pet peeve is how long it takes to move items from storage to my pockets and vice versa through the storage shed. I have no idea why they couldn't just do it like with Tortimer in Harv's Island instead of making your character close the shed once they're done putting stuff away or getting them out.

Villagers moving out without permission is mine as well. I had cycling towns in New Leaf, and it admittedly made moving villagers out a little quicker and easier for that, but I still dislike the feature as a whole. It made not playing for an extended period of time unnecessarily stressful; unless you kept note of the last day you played (which I frequently didn’t think to do), you risked booting up your game to find one of your villagers gone. I had Beau, my #1 favourite villager, move out on me when I didn’t play for 2 weeks because of my mental health, and it was so devastating to me that I still remember it over 10 years later. I don’t play New Horizons much anymore, but it’s so comforting to know that if I were to boot up my game right now, all 10 of my villagers would still be there.

I also wasn’t a fan of villagers being able to plop their houses down wherever they wanted in New Leaf. Plot resetting sucked, and made having a new villager move in a little less exciting. I appreciate that the WA update made it a little easier with villagers no longer being able to put their houses down on top of patterns, but it was still frustrating. Even Wild World’s system was better, where villagers had designated markers where their houses could go.

Also also, I hate being limited to only 5 items from the catalog per day in New Horizons. Players who offer up their full catalogs and allow big orders are literal saints to me, because that could not be me. 😪 I don’t have the patience for that. I don’t remember what the limit was in New Leaf, if there even was one, but it was definitely better than 5.

Breakable tools. I wouldn't mind it so much it if golden tools were unbreakable, because then it would be more worthwhile to get them. Especially the watering can, because it doesn't even make sense for one to break.

I think not being able to speed up the dialogue, or skip certain dialogues you've seen 87thousand times is a lil bit of an L.

How many times do I need Orville to explain to me the dangers of letting anyone use my Dodo code? Does Tom Nook REALLY had to explain to me the process of putting a bridge down EVERY TIME? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Flowers withering every day and eventually dying- I wouldn’t mind it too much if hybrids didn’t exist and I had the time to play everyday

Also, I don’t really like sick villagers, because I don’t always have medicine on me and it just sucks that they’re stuck inside all day.

Back