• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Hopes for AC Switch?

Hyrule_Crossing

Profile Picture By Me
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
3060-3780-7537
Festive Bell
New Horizons Token
Lobo
Isabelle
Blue Hybrid Rose
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
What do you guys think will be in Animal Crossing Switch? What are your hopes? Do you want returning features or new ones? What do you guys think!

My biggest hope is that it exceeds New Leaf substantially.

I hope they?ll put in a training book, similar to HHD, where we can learn new interior decorating features. I hope one of the features could be pathing tools, or a separate paths inventory. I think if it?s learnable content for designing our town and homes, it can?t be misinterpreted as overwhelming for younger audiences since it?s optional to get it. You know?

I hope they add some kind of credit card again, like we had in City Folk. It?s irritating that bell pouches take up inventory space and I wish I could just carry a card around to pay my loan, trade bells, etc. That?s a peeve more than anything.

I want way more content, more clothes and hairstyles, etc, and I strongly suspect that all the amazing content we had in Pocket Camp will be added to this game. It?s what kept me holding on prior to the game announcement: I told myself there?s no way they?d be adding THIS MUCH STUFF to an app without adding it to our new game, whenever that may be.

I hope fish puns stay :p

I would like the ability to break rocks. It?s fine if we have to have a minimum amount of rocks in our town, but at least let us move them or demolish them and have new ones spawn elsewhere. Please.

I think it?d be cool if we could have a City Folk feature where we could take a bus and visit different towns or festivals, like an event kind of thing. We could invite our friends to visit whatever event we have in our town, etc. This would be different from Redd?s, Katrina, the fishing tourny and all that. It would be extra content in addition to our normal stuff, because that?s what I think this game needs to have.

I think it?d be cool if we could adopt some kind of professions in our game. I could be an interior designer and help decorate or remodel animals? homes. If they?re making a Switch version of HHD then we wouldn?t need this, but if they aren?t then I think it?d be fun to have options like this. We could cook treats for animals with a Cooking Mama mini game, etc.

I know I?m getting carried away. I don?t care if we don?t have any of these things. I?m just so excited for AC and I?m sure whatever we get will be amazing. :)

My biggest hope is that it exceeds New Leaf substantially.

I hope they’ll put in a training book, similar to HHD, where we can learn new interior decorating features. I hope one of the features could be pathing tools, or a separate paths inventory. I think if it’s learnable content for designing our town and homes, it can’t be misinterpreted as overwhelming for younger audiences since it’s optional to get it. You know?

I hope they add some kind of credit card again, like we had in City Folk. It’s irritating that bell pouches take up inventory space and I wish I could just carry a card around to pay my loan, trade bells, etc. That’s a peeve more than anything.

I want way more content, more clothes and hairstyles, etc, and I strongly suspect that all the amazing content we had in Pocket Camp will be added to this game. It’s what kept me holding on prior to the game announcement: I told myself there’s no way they’d be adding THIS MUCH STUFF to an app without adding it to our new game, whenever that may be.

I hope fish puns stay :p

I would like the ability to break rocks. It’s fine if we have to have a minimum amount of rocks in our town, but at least let us move them or demolish them and have new ones spawn elsewhere. Please.

I think it’d be cool if we could have a City Folk feature where we could take a bus and visit different towns or festivals, like an event kind of thing. We could invite our friends to visit whatever event we have in our town, etc. This would be different from Redd’s, Katrina, the fishing tourny and all that. It would be extra content in addition to our normal stuff, because that’s what I think this game needs to have.

I think it’d be cool if we could adopt some kind of professions in our game. I could be an interior designer and help decorate or remodel animals’ homes. If they’re making a Switch version of HHD then we wouldn’t need this, but if they aren’t then I think it’d be fun to have options like this. We could cook treats for animals with a Cooking Mama mini game, etc.

I know I’m getting carried away. I don’t care if we don’t have any of these things. I’m just so excited for AC and I’m sure whatever we get will be amazing. :)

I literally agree with all of those. One opinion I have myself is pets would be pretty cool. And more jobs aside from Brewster’s cafe would be pretty neat.

Different weather patterns. Like the fact that wind is not in any AC game. It'd be neat to see wind breezing through and brushing against trees, flowers, and other objects. And there would be different levels ranging from mild to extreme. And extreme would be super windy, noisy, and signal the approach of bad weather. It wouldn't really damage flowers or anything though.

Maybe the day after a windy storm you would find one or two pieces of trash on your town.

New Leaf improved the Animal Crossing series a great deal. Like most people have said, I want acnl but even better. I don’t think any huge changes are needed just slight improvements and new features. One of my biggest issues with acnl was the lack of dialogue. I’d love to see even more dialogue in this game. Reading the same dialogue from the same villager in the same day was ridiculous. More pwps, more fruit, ceiling items/curtains, custom shoe patterns, I could go on forever. I’ve always liked the idea of a little farming thrown in but maybe that’s just my love for harvest moon. Joan owning a seed shop would be precious.

Also Frillard from City Folk should make a return. What happened to that guy anyways?

Edit: MORE HAIRSTYLES TOO PLEASE

Last edited:
I'd love to see returning features from other games plus MORE!
For example, in the gamecube version of AC, they allowed players to earn an NES console and get to play the games. It'd be cool to see an arcade where you can play these games in there, but also adding in their own mini games like they did with the New 3DS item in ACNL.

I'd also really love it if we can have the AC:HHD decorating features in the game. Instead of being restricted to individual blocks to place items, we can place anywhere we want in the house.(Idk if this makes sense aaa, idk how to explain it well ^^;;;)

It would be really cool if we can decorate outside of our house like in AC:HHD. Like, placing those gardening items or whatever outside, instead of being restricted to only decorating your house.

As alot of people said, it would nice to have more hairstyles, maybe even some more colors would be nice.

I'd love a BIGGER TOWN!! Since it's coming out on switch, I'm expecting the town to be bigger than ACNL, or maybe even bigger than City folk :0 Either way, I'd love more space to decorate and make things nicer around town ^^

New villager races would be dope as well. For example, It'd be cool to see bats, alpaca/llama(bc Cyrus and Reese are too cute), hedgehogs, etc.

Sorry for rambling on, I'm way too excited for this game~ -w-

EDIT: More holidays/in game festivals would be awesome ! :eek:
I'd like to see them focus on other culture holidays instead of just the main ones like Chirstmas, halloween, ect.

Last edited:
I want to be a town founder like the rumour says where you build the town from the ground up no houses no shops (other than nooks homes) then when you get to the town your first job is to build a shop that sells thing (retail) and shop to buy things from (nooklings) then you start building houses for villagers to move into and you get too choose where each villagers house goes like in happy home designer also having more than one town would be pretty cool and you could hop from a train to go from one to the other

as said before move rocks would be really handy I had to demolish my bridge today as it was in the way of a rock that I didn't know was there at the time

new villagers

easier way to earn bells like the credit card type thing in city folk (which I never got to play)

and many of the things that have been suggested above im looking forward to seeing what nintendo do

I would like the ability to break rocks. It’s fine if we have to have a minimum amount of rocks in our town, but at least let us move them or demolish them and have new ones spawn elsewhere. Please.

^ God this wold be my dream.

character limit that isnt 8
option to rename town
change skin colour freely
pwps (if they return) are easier to place
pwp suggestions are easier to obtain
new flowers
new hairstyles
new furniture sets
place new villager houses wherever you want
something similar to tortimer island (please allow us to share friend codes properly)
something similar to dream address
at least 1 new personality type
have a lot of ordinances to choose from plus being able to choose at least 2 at a time to have in effect

Last edited:
-more hairstyles
-more accesories for boys (& just more in general)
-bats, chinchillas, ferrets
-be able to put accessories on villagers/dress them how you want to
-bigger beach & be able to decorate it
-pwp's to be a lot easier to obtain
-more villager dialogue
-bring back meow & pierre
-more spooky villagers
-wifi to be a lot better, like if someone disconnects the whole room shouldn't error
-more flowers
-hoping they keep the sanrio villagers
-still should be mayor, but a different assistant

What I really hope is that they bring back old features that got removed and are missing in
New Leaf. One thing that came up in my mind is the flea market. While I don't care for the
other wannabe holidays like La-Di-Day or Yay Day, I was kinda sad that they didn't brought
back the flea market in NL. So I hope that they bring this one back.

Another event which they should bring back are the daily morning aerobics from the GC one.
It's such a funny feature and while it wasn't a thing in the other AC games, it would be nice
if they would include it again. Maybe they add a new building, like a fitness studio, where the
villagers can do then there those morning aerobics.

I also want back the credit card and I wouldn't mind if they also bring back such a separate
city like they had in City Folk. Maybe this time bigger and with more variety, like take the city
from City Folk and the one from Happy Home Designer (with the school, theater, restaurant
and such) and combine them together. That would be really nice.

And I don't know why, but I would also like to see the Kapp'n become either a taxi driver or bus
driver again. If Tortimer Island is still a thing, then maybe someone else could bring the player
there, like how about Kapp'n's little daughter Leila, who is now older and able to control a bot?

Pretty sure I forgot some points, but for now, these are my hopes that came up my mind.

I agree with a lot said in this thread, I'd also like to add that I hope we get a toolbox of some sorts to put away all our tools, separate to regular on hand inventory.

Last edited:
^I think something like this is fairly likely because Nintendo has been listening lately and that's something people have been requesting for a while :) personally I wouldn't even want the box to fill one slot in the inventory. Just have a separate tools only section like in harvest moon for gba or something.

I have a big wishlist but the thing that I want most of all is the ability to place furniture outside like in hhd, can you even imagine the towns we could create? tumblr_lsw9hcscSK1qcfn0j.gif I would FLIP

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I did not like the New Leaf soundtrack nearly as much as City Folk or Population: Growing. The soundtrack is one of the biggest factors in these games for me, so I hope the AC: Switch soundtrack is vastly improved.

~Hobbies/Professions
I think that the villagers (including special characters) should be able to pick up a hobby like cooking or gardening, stargazing, etc. There should be books on instruction in the subject in the game. There could possibly be a new shop for that. The cooking hobby could be the only way to get the food furniture items. This could also make the only way to get hybrids being the gardening hobby. The special characters could teach you how to do some of the hobbies. Cyrus could teach you furniture refurbishment, Tom Nook could teach business. The villagers could also ask for books on the instruction, and that would be a new favor. A new event could be a talent fair, where the villagers show off their skills in their respective fields.

~Tortimer Island
We should be able to bring villagers along to the island! The villagers should be able to swim in the water with wetsuits, fish, catch insects, and go on tours. Villagers could work on their hobbies on the island.

~Placing furniture outside like HHD
The furniture would make such a nice touch in some places. This would help a lot in themes, where you can't really do very much with PWP.

~Online Play Permissions
You should be able to grant only certain people permissions to pick things up, destroy things in your town, lay down paths, and talk to villagers while in your town. You should also be able to block people from entering your town.

~Biomes
Biomes would be amazing. They should have Desert, Jungle, Tundra, Ocean, Default and Seasons. They should be home to specific villagers that could live in the biomes, like Octopi for Ocean. The Seasons biomes are eternally either Fall, Summer, Winter, or Spring. Each biome should have items exclusive to their town. You
~Gulliver
Gulliver should be a sailor with a travelling shop, selling items that don’t spawn in everyone’s town, with a pier on one of the beaches harboring his ship. In the Ocean theme, Gulliver would arrive in a submarine.

~Credit Card
This should be combined with the card that you get once you move into town. In the Post Office, you should be able to put any amount of bells on the card, and then go shopping. When you are finished, you can’t leave main street without putting the money back into the ABD.

That’s it for now, I’ll put some more things in as I think of them.

I'm surprised no one didn't mention the balls from GC yet...

Just imagine the kind of stuff we can do with them, especially with multiplayer. :)

Biggest thing for me would be an increased character limit for naming towns. I've been wanting to name a town Daguerreo for-freaking-EVER, and I'm hoping Nintendo finally allows this to happen.

The ability to decorate outside our homes like HHD and paths to be placed right up against our houses so we no longer have that forced gap in the front. I've been making do so far, but... it's frustrating.

I would absolutely love if they went back to the old days when villagers were total jerks and you had to really earn their friendship. I still remember when I had Chow back in WW and the unbridled sense of accomplishment I felt when he started to be friendly towards me.

And bringing back the credit card mechanic from CF. Carrying a little piece of plastic was MUCH preferred when going on a shopping spree. Having to load up my pockets with bells is just...eh.

And please please PLEASE make an Uchi hamster. Oh, and more bunnies. And better diversity among the wolves!

I'm coming back to post some more ideas I came up with :0

I'd love to see them add more insects/fish, especially the sea creatures you had to dive for since there was so little of them.

Since I'm on the topic of bugs n such, I really missed the days where Blathers would talk your ear off about one thing you donated. Tbh, I loved learning about whatever you donated. Yeah it got annoying whenever you were in a rush to do something, so in that case they should add a text speech where Blathers asks you if you'd like to learn some facts about whatever you donated.
They really took away from his character when they removed that feature in NL ;-;

I would love to see more easter eggs in the game as well. In NL, when the time hit 3:33, you'd see a lil alien appear on the TV screen, which is creepy, but little things like that are pretty cool to me. I'd love to try and find more easter eggs like that in the newer version.

It's not really a new idea, but I'd love to see the dreams come back. Where you go and visit someone elses town in a dream. I loved to see everyone's creativity, so it'd be nice for that to make a comeback

EDIT: Since camping is a big thing rn for AC, they should have this feature where you can go camping to this wooded area or something (Ig somewhere away from town) And there you'll get to meet some new villagers, maybe some Special Characters like Nook or something

It could be the new island actually. On the island, you could play minigames. This lil feature could be the same. Play minigames, maybe implant an online to it and meet other players.

Last edited:
*Better camera angles
*Should torimer island return, the option to build a cottage/house
*female jocks
*bigger house with sunroom

Back