• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Holding Pond Numbers (Is Six Normal?)

Salrith

Bells
Hi, everybody, I'm new!

I wanted to ask a question. My sister and I both play New Leaf (I started at Christmas), and when she came to visit my town she was amazed by how many Holding Ponds I have. She only has one.
I thought my number was normal, but I did some googling to check.
I can't find information on it anywhere, apart from a wiki that says 'some towns may even have THREE Holding Ponds' like that's an amazing feat.

I have six. Is this bizarre? I'm really curious if it is, and what the 'typical' number of Holding Ponds is!
Thanks!

AC Town.jpg

Hi, everybody, I'm new!

I wanted to ask a question. My sister and I both play New Leaf (I started at Christmas), and when she came to visit my town she was amazed by how many Holding Ponds I have. She only has one.
I thought my number was normal, but I did some googling to check.
I can't find information on it anywhere, apart from a wiki that says 'some towns may even have THREE Holding Ponds' like that's an amazing feat.

I have six. Is this bizarre? I'm really curious if it is, and what the 'typical' number of Holding Ponds is!
Thanks!

View attachment 26596

That's not normal, I have two, have reseted city folk four times also, most I got then was two

Last edited:
i looked at a thread on gameFAQs which, judging by most people's replies, implies the average number would be around 3 or 4 (i also have 4 ponds in my first town and 3 in my second!) but then there were others with as little as 1 pond and then, like you, as big as 6!

i think they just generate with the map and you just happened to choose the one with the most?? i'm not sure.... but wow! haha!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh, oops, also welcome to the bell tree!

In past games 3 was considered rare, but in New Leaf the amount of ponds was increased it seems.

LOL I have only 2~ which is kinda lucky xD

That's definitely a lot more than usual. :p

I have 4 ponds :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have trouble with the 4 I have. I would be miserable with 6 :O

Last edited:
I have 4 ponds :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have trouble with the 4 I have. I would be miserable with 6 :O

Same lol, I only have two but I have so much trouble laying my paths around them.

I have 3 and that still makez the town feel crowded. My friend has only 1, and its awesome. 6 is definitely unusual.

SIX?

I've only got one and I'm now feeling so thankful for that. Ugh, six ponds, do you even have room to build anything in that town?

6 is the maximum amount of ponds if you have a river that touches as few acres as possible and every acre that can possibly have a pond has one. (most map types the max no of ponds is 4 or 5, but a couple of simpler rivers allow this) I've only seen it once while resetting, I considered taking the map cause it was almost perfect for me, but I didn't like that it has 2 matching sets of ponds.

Ponds are annoying. I feel bad for you considering you have 6. >.<

Wow, so many ponds. Not seen that before. When reseting for a map, I get most often two or three ponds. I wouldn't take a map with six ponds, but at the same time, it would be quite a challenge! :)

It does makes me wonder if the number of ponds correlates to number of permanent rocks though. It's probably false, since, from my memory, my first town had 5 rocks or so, and a single pond. The town after that had like 8 rocks and 1 pond, and my current is 6 rocks and 1 pond (I only like having 1 pond).

Well for one thing, yes it's totally normal. If it wasn't, the game wouldn't have given you 6 ponds. Is it rare? Somewhat. Most maps I've seen have 3-4. I've had a map personally with 5. But it's definitely normal. Not normal would be having 10 ponds and 0 river.

I only have 2, and their spots aren't too bad. I feel sorry for you, aha.

In Azalea i have 4..
2 of these are identically placed on the two sides of my house which is pretty neat
tumblr_ms1q6y7ReE1sc9wf4o1_400.jpg

In Parfait i have 2

When resetting i saw one with 6, it is unusual though

Back