Plucky Is Being Odd. (ACNH)

DuckParty

Bells
So, I don't know if anyone else is dealing with this or something similar, but recently, Plucky, who has been on my island since I started playing (almost a year) has begun acting really bizarre in the past few weeks. Maybe I am reading into this far more than I should be, but she keeps sending me borderline tsundere letters and whenever I approach her she uses the bashful expression while greeting me. I should note that I, being afab (assigned female at birth,) made my character as afab as well in the game. This doesn't really matter, I think, since this is New Horizons.
Plucky's most recent letter had a plant attached and maybe I'm just lonely or something, but I really have to question what she meant by "I know how this looks, but I'm not trying to get all mushy or anything. I'm sending you pretty plants because I think they look rad and that you might think so too. And that's it." This is the letter that started my suspicion. Why did she have to clarify that she doesn't mean to get mushy? It's completely normal to send your neighbors plants, and I wouldn't have been confused about this had she not said that. The letter she sent right before this one had a sweater attached and said, "I used to wear this kinda thing all the time back in my wild days (and low-key still do sometimes) and I bet it'd look rockin' on you." That one seems like something a sibling or family member would say to you, so I didn't think much of it, but now that I'm thinking about it in this new possible context, it is a mite suspicious. It's really weird that the last few letters she has sent me are all full of compliments that are usually followed or prefaced by "uh, not like I think you're that great."
Now, I need to establish that I originally didn't like Plucky because she was super rude and sarcastic to me in Pocket Camp (my introduction to AC,) and I have no clue how certain personality types act once you become very close with them, because Pocket Camp doesn't really have much in the way of relationships unless you count tedious quests and watching them play event instruments, only to get a photo and no changes in dialogue. When I got ACNH, she was one of my starters and she doesn't seem particularly close with anyone but Megan and myself (it's worth stating that I have seen her talking to Klaus and Kyle and it ended in a disagreement both times.)
At the end of this all, I think the best chance I have of getting over this is possibly interacting with more real people, touching some grass, and getting better at taking a compliment, but I'm mostly wondering if this is normal in-game at this point.
Sorry this is so rambly and long, I'm very new to interacting with other Animal Crossing players.

You basically have a high friendship with Plucky so that may explain the reason why she is acting like that. When you have villagers with a high friendship you will sometimes see them do different things. They can call your name when they run up to you to give you a gift or nickname, they would sometimes have a thought bubble above their that could be either of the following (Wanting to move out, giving you a free gift that they somehow figure you would want, and of course asking for a delivery request if they get into a fight with one of the villagers).

They will also send you a lot of letters in the mail. They get a bit too extreme with this because they would send you a lot of furniture items and clothing items. They sometimes send you plant seeds like you mentioned in your post, but one rare thing they can send you a Painting Statue which could turn out to be real or fake. So yeah if you have a lot high friendship villagers your mailbox is going to be full.

Now of course when the 2.0 update came out they added a feature where villagers can enter your home by random. Keep in mind this is a thing that only occurs when you are at a high friendship with your villager they would sometimes want to see your home or sometimes they would run up to you and ask if you want them to invite you over to their home. This type of stuff can get annoying so beware of that.

Sorry for the long post, but to get to the point the reason why Plucky is acting like that is because you have a higher friendship with her and considering that you had for so long that she is now doing all the things you mentioned. I hope this clears up the confusion.

Oh thank you both so much. That's all I wanted to know.
Also and I don't know if you done this yet, if you go to Harvs island and talk to this special NPC villager by the name Katrina that is on the left side she will actually check on what your friendship with your villager is but you can only do this once a day. She can give a friendship boost which is only 10,000 bells which is optional.

I've gotten similiar letters from villagers of various personalities. I will say the creepiest thing from villagers for me comes from the lazies. this when you talk to them directly. they like to say "this is the second time I've run into you today. they first was in your dreams. sorry about that." while blushing at you. ive gotten used to hearing it now but it does seem somewhat inappropriate and gives a creepy vibe to the lazies

Back