Holding Pond Numbers (Is Six Normal?)

Salrith

Bells
Hi, everybody, I'm new!

I wanted to ask a question. My sister and I both play New Leaf (I started at Christmas), and when she came to visit my town she was amazed by how many Holding Ponds I have. She only has one.
I thought my number was normal, but I did some googling to check.
I can't find information on it anywhere, apart from a wiki that says 'some towns may even have THREE Holding Ponds' like that's an amazing feat.

I have six. Is this bizarre? I'm really curious if it is, and what the 'typical' number of Holding Ponds is!
Thanks!

AC Town.jpg

Hi, everybody, I'm new!

I wanted to ask a question. My sister and I both play New Leaf (I started at Christmas), and when she came to visit my town she was amazed by how many Holding Ponds I have. She only has one.
I thought my number was normal, but I did some googling to check.
I can't find information on it anywhere, apart from a wiki that says 'some towns may even have THREE Holding Ponds' like that's an amazing feat.

I have six. Is this bizarre? I'm really curious if it is, and what the 'typical' number of Holding Ponds is!
Thanks!

View attachment 26596

That's not normal, I have two, have reseted city folk four times also, most I got then was two

Last edited:
i looked at a thread on gameFAQs which, judging by most people's replies, implies the average number would be around 3 or 4 (i also have 4 ponds in my first town and 3 in my second!) but then there were others with as little as 1 pond and then, like you, as big as 6!

i think they just generate with the map and you just happened to choose the one with the most?? i'm not sure.... but wow! haha!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh, oops, also welcome to the bell tree!

In past games 3 was considered rare, but in New Leaf the amount of ponds was increased it seems.

LOL I have only 2~ which is kinda lucky xD

That's definitely a lot more than usual. :p

I have 4 ponds :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have trouble with the 4 I have. I would be miserable with 6 :O

Last edited:
I have 4 ponds :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have trouble with the 4 I have. I would be miserable with 6 :O

Same lol, I only have two but I have so much trouble laying my paths around them.

I have 3 and that still makez the town feel crowded. My friend has only 1, and its awesome. 6 is definitely unusual.

SIX?

I've only got one and I'm now feeling so thankful for that. Ugh, six ponds, do you even have room to build anything in that town?

6 is the maximum amount of ponds if you have a river that touches as few acres as possible and every acre that can possibly have a pond has one. (most map types the max no of ponds is 4 or 5, but a couple of simpler rivers allow this) I've only seen it once while resetting, I considered taking the map cause it was almost perfect for me, but I didn't like that it has 2 matching sets of ponds.

Ponds are annoying. I feel bad for you considering you have 6. >.<

Wow, so many ponds. Not seen that before. When reseting for a map, I get most often two or three ponds. I wouldn't take a map with six ponds, but at the same time, it would be quite a challenge! :)

It does makes me wonder if the number of ponds correlates to number of permanent rocks though. It's probably false, since, from my memory, my first town had 5 rocks or so, and a single pond. The town after that had like 8 rocks and 1 pond, and my current is 6 rocks and 1 pond (I only like having 1 pond).

Well for one thing, yes it's totally normal. If it wasn't, the game wouldn't have given you 6 ponds. Is it rare? Somewhat. Most maps I've seen have 3-4. I've had a map personally with 5. But it's definitely normal. Not normal would be having 10 ponds and 0 river.

I only have 2, and their spots aren't too bad. I feel sorry for you, aha.

In Azalea i have 4..
2 of these are identically placed on the two sides of my house which is pretty neat
tumblr_ms1q6y7ReE1sc9wf4o1_400.jpg

In Parfait i have 2

When resetting i saw one with 6, it is unusual though

Back