• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ATTENTION BELL TREE VETERANS !!!! Is The Bell Tree Forums dying????

Maybe there's less activity but that's not very surprising in the game's life. It might become more active when there's a new AC game.

It feels slightly quieter these days but I feel like the forums have really improved in the last few years. I remember when there was lots of activity but little in the way of moderation etc.

Gaming forums may have been declining over the last decade, but TBT has actually been mostly immune from that trend. We're fortunate to be the third largest Nintendo-based forum now, and probably also one of the more active ones. Being less active between game releases is normal for us, especially this time of year between Easter and summer.

The comparisons between NL and NH are valid, at least based on our daily posts. When NL was released, the forum grew slowly through 2014 and then steadily declined. When NH was released, we had an immediate spike far above the NL era. It was our busiest time ever, even in spite of our downtime in the beginning. However, the spike in activity fell much faster than NL's. As a lot of you have already mentioned, it seems NH wasn't as long-lasting as NL.
Wow! I didn’t realize how big this site is compared to other Nintendo forums. Yeah, ACNH didn’t last as long. Not just because they released the big update too soon, but also because of the many disappointments it had (like the missing Gracie furniture, breaking tools, rare fish/bugs almost impossible to get, streaming updates instead of complete game, and smaller rooms).

Judging by how active other Nintendo forums are (including the negativity-laden GameFAQs), it’s a good thing I chose to return to this site instead of other sites if I were to get attention.

The one thing that’s bad about low activity like this is that the TBT Marketplace is slowing down. I remember back in 2016-2019, I struggled selling collectibles. But I’m not alone.

Last edited:
The one thing that’s bad about low activity like this is that the TBT Marketplace is slowing down. I remember back in 2016-2019, I struggled selling collectibles. But I’m not alone.

At least during those years it feels like the marketplace was more active than it even is now. Ever since 2021 it feels like the marketplace just keeps declining and declining. It's hardly worth selling anything anymore unless you have collectibles that are wanted. Not trying to criticize, but just an accurate observation.

At least during those years it feels like the marketplace was more active than it even is now. Ever since 2021 it feels like the marketplace just keeps declining and declining. It's hardly worth selling anything anymore unless you have collectibles that are wanted. Not trying to criticize, but just an accurate observation.
That is sad. I hope Nintendo releases a new AC game soon, and I also hope they learned their lessons with ACNH about nerfing money-making and releasing it unfinished to cater to non time-travelers.

I heard that the site used to be worse before ACNL came out. One former moderator even admitted being the only person logged in that day.

That is sad. I hope Nintendo releases a new AC game soon, and I also hope they learned their lessons with ACNH about nerfing money-making and releasing it unfinished to cater to non time-travelers.

I heard that the site used to be worse before ACNL came out. One former moderator even admitted being the only person logged in that day.
Oh wow! I was here in the lead-up to New Leaf, December 2012 and remember being salty over Japan getting it 6 months before the rest of us. Must've been less active prior to the NL release in Japan then because it was fairly active post-November 2012.

Oh wow! I was here in the lead-up to New Leaf, December 2012 and remember being salty over Japan getting it 6 months before the rest of us. Must've been less active prior to the NL release in Japan then because it was fairly active post-November 2012.
That was exactly what happened. It was this inactive before New Leaf even came out in Japan.

Back