• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Help with getting a 3DS top screen replacement

Plainbluetees

Isometric Exercise!
Bells
Island
Aureolin
Coco
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Stardust Easter Egg
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Cocotryoshka
Quirky Doll
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
Pavé
Coco
It dawned on me that the 3DS is getting to be a retro console, (and that they're discontinuing the eShop next year!!) so I realized that I should probably get it fixed before the parts become rare. I purchased my New 3DS XL around 2016 after an accident with my regular 3DS.

I won't type out the full story but the screen ended up getting closed on top of my stylus in a last minute rush for packing for a trip. Now on the top screen of my 3DS there is a thick uneven black line that coves the bottom left corner and a little bit above that. I don't know how to explain it.

2A3C42D7-91D8-4E70-961D-13BF8D29B914.jpeg

There aren't really any credible repair places around where I live unfortunately. I reached out to a regional cell phone repair chain that said they repaired 3DS consoles but when I filled out the estimate form it told me that I would have to mail it in for an estimate and I don't really feel comfortable doing that without an estimate. I also talked with a chat support agent from Geek Squad since I got my 3DS from Best Buy, and he said that if I brought it in to Best Buy they would probably be able to fix it but I'm not 100% sure they would because they haven't sold the 3DS for a few years now, and the "support agent" probably isn't in cahoots with the employees at my local Best Buy store.

I also found a regional repair shop out of Virginia called eStarland with pretty good internet reviews that had an option to add a replacement screen to your cart and ship your console in, but their website was confusing and wanted me to pay them shipping to send my console there, but I would have had to pay at the post office too so I didn't know what to do.

Does anybody know of any good repair places I could try to reach out to? Mailing my console somewhere would be a great idea since I pretty much live in the middle of nowhere.

Update: I called Nintendo Support and they will replace it for about $100 after shipping and taxes. But the thing that got me was that if they can't fix it I will get a new 2DS XL but I don't want a 2DS I want my 3Ds... The link is valid for 14 days so if I can't find anything I guess that I'll have to do that.

Last edited:
Back