Help! Why won't this tree grow?

called it! yeah, it's a thing. i know friends who have reset towns because they want a cedar forest around their house and they misplaced it near the coast. sorry : p

I'm still angry over this. I worked for Nintendo for several years, and other Japanese game companies for several more, and the way they design games just makes NO sense some of the time. See, unlike other western developers, they usually have just one guy calling all the shots, so you get these weird, arbitrary sometimes nonsensical or even detrimental design choices that are just...well, stupid.

It's a great example of why there should ALWAYS be some kind of sounding board or multiple perspectives when it comes to writing games, or any software product, for that matter.

Last edited:
The cedar trees only in the north has always been a thing in the game. I think it is because evergreen are more common to the north just as Palm trees are more to the south along the beach. That would be my guess.

There are plenty of evergreens down here in Los Angeles, so it's still a stupid design decision IMO. :p

Back