• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Help Me With OC Design!

Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
White Lily
Yellow Pansy
Red Rose
Blue Hybrid Pansy
White Cosmos
White Violet
Yellow Violet
Yellow Tulip
Purple Violet
I decided to make a new trainersona to go along with Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, but I honestly can't find a design I like. I have three sketches, but dangit I like aspects of all of them! So, I was hoping to link them here and have you guys point out a design/design aspects that you like!

I don't have a fleshed out personality for her yet, considering the games come out in November, but my concept is a relatively quiet trainer from a rural town who enjoys studying fossils looking through various Pokémon archives, hoping to become an archivist herself. Because of her quiet and unassuming personality, she surrounds herself with people and Pokémon who are outgoing and affectionate, for example, Goodra (ofc) and Lopunny. My art isn't great, but the designs I have are as follows:
3A8A0853-4197-45DA-AB1F-E62E0B1AE2C2.jpeg
Not a huge fan of the fringe, but with some practice I could potentially make it work. I also enjoy the plaid skirt. I don't really know what her shoes are supposed to be, though...
IMG_0629.jpg
Ignore how crappy the forehead is, this was my first time drawing a character with no fringe. I definitely prefer her messenger bag over her backpack, for sure. I'm conflicted about the shorts; I think they look super cute with her sweater, but part of me imagined her wearing a skirt/dress.
IMG_0630.jpg
I'm not sure if I prefer her hair longer or shorter, that's more of a tentative thing that I have to decide on. I think I did a bit better drawing her without a fringe, and I like the Gracedia flower in her hair. I prefer her clear-rimmed glasses because A LOT of my characters have round glasses and it seems repetitive. I like the dress, but it seems too simplistic to me...but that might be a personal thing. I think the shoe design is ultra cute, but not sure about the stockings.

Those are the options! Feel free to share your opinions!

Last edited:
I like the hair on all three, they're all cute!

My favourite of the outfits is the sweater/skirt combo! I think the sweater and plaid skirt are really cute. 🌟

For a little more context, I adopted this girl from toyhouse and she's going to serve as this girl's best friend! I like the pair of a reserved academic type and a more bold and outgoing personality!
41341728_4RpFyIkrhNhIpYS.png

I like the first design the most, but I think a book bag like the one you drew in #2 would suit an archivist better than a backpack. If you feel her clothes are a bit simple, maybe you could put a simplistic fossil logo on her shirt, like maybe the shape of a helix fossil? Just some ideas, what you have so far is great!

The hair on #1 and #3 are both really good options, but I like #1 slightly more. I also like the outfit of #1 the best, but I think she'd look a little better with the more poufy sweater from #2 and the messenger bag from #2. I'm conflicted on if you should keep the gracidea or the yellow bow in her hair though. The Unknown and fossil Pokémon on her bags are a great touch! You should definitely keep it :]

Chunky sweater and skirt combo is so cute -- reminds me of Velma from Scooby Doo:
1647960301172.png

Honestly, take your favorite aspects from each and slam them into one character and she'll still be adorable. I love all the designs (sorry if that's not helpful). I really love the clear-frame glasses and wish I could rock them irl, lol.

I guess she sounds studious and practical, so I picture the book bag / messenger bag and stockings under the skirt for unhindered movement, especially if she will be kneeling / climbing ladders in the archives; and less likely to have long, un-tied hair. The flower is such a nice touch, along with that necklace.

These designs look really cute! #3 is my favorite of the bunch, but I like the clear-frame glasses from #1 and #2 best, and I think the messenger bag from #2 would still make for a great accessory. As for the stockings, I think they work well with the concept, but maybe gray or brown stockings would suit her palette better?

I love outfit #2 it’s giving me Diona from genshin vibes and the shorts are very stylish and the shoes look almost like Chuck Taylor’s, so it’s by far my favorite one. Although I like hair #3 the most.

I might not mean much, but I think your drawings are great! I noticed you said they weren't, so I just wanted to add that. I think the new games are supposed to follow a group of classmates so to me #1 looks to fit that criteria the most. But that could just be because of the backpack straps. Plus the skirt/shirt combo reminds me of a school's dress code.

I think they are all great, so it's ultimately up to you. Nice work by the way!

i’m not sure if you’re still looking for input, but i like outfit #2 and hair #3 the most! i think that combination would give off the archivist, quiet, unassuming, nice girl vibes you’re going for. plus, i think it’d also compliment her best friend’s design nicely as well!

The outfit and glasses are adorable, and the hair looks so cute. I think she looks perfect! 💖🌟

Back