Having kids

k i don't want kids because i don't want some screaming potato to pop out of my vagina and start crawling around on the floor

It's not something you need to worry about, she's being inconsiderate, so just ignore her. Many people seem to lack the ability to emphasize with people who they consider to have lesser problems. Children are certainly very stressful, particularly in certain stages of their lives, but that's what happens when you have kids. You're rather young, you don't need to worry about having kids if you aren't ready anyways. I myself have no intentions of having children until I am married and have been with my wife for several years long enough to ensure a strong marriage before adding the tension of raising children. I don't have any experience raising children, so I can't say how difficult it is, but generally all parents who actually care about their children are glad to have them, and you can most certainly tell how important their children are to them.

don't most 21 year olds not have kids
my mum was 15 nd pregnant and people only found out when she went into labour whilst waitressing
how do you not realise her hump wtf ppl

I'm infertile anyway long term tubes does things to you

- - - Post Merge - - -

k i don't want kids because i don't want some screaming potato to pop out of my vagina and start crawling around on the floor

omg someone says it

The world is getting smaller and people keep poppin babies out their vaginas (like seriously Vagina Vacation will become a prophecy) and like, you have so much freedom of life and im not dedicatin it to a whiny lil ****

Having kids is a choice, not an expectation. I don't like how society basically expects that women are going to want them at some point or that "you'll feel different about it in a few years/change your mind" if you're not interested, as if the only normalcy IS to want to have kids.

Personally, I don't want to have kids. I'm well old enough to, but I don't have this "motherly instinct" or "motherly tendencies" that my own mother insists I will have at some point. It's not irresponsible and doesn't make you less of a person just for having a preference or adapting to a different lifestyle that you find more comfortable or more suited to you.

What does annoy me is the fact that some of my male friends like to pick on me about it and say things like "Come on, all the women your age are settling down and having kids. Don't you want that, too?" and "I'd never go for a woman that didn't want to have kids. What's the point of settling down with a girl if you can't start a family?" And that's fine and dandy for their own preferences, but I really don't like how they try to press it on me as if any girl or woman worth anything should adhere to what someone else wants or expects of them. It's a poisonous state of mind and no way am I letting myself get guilted into having children when I don't want to. It's my body and I'll do with it what I please.

Being tired is a right and a privilege that only people with kids are granted. Further, any childless person who states that they're tired should be immediately tied down and flogged.

But really, I'd just stick to VERY superficial conversation with this woman, or simply avoid conversation altogether unless it's about something work-related. It sounds like she's the type of person who gets off on starting arguments or conflict, and I'd bet that she'd find something to jump on regardless of what you said. I wouldn't read further into what she said regarding having kids; just chalk it up to her being a volatile person and move on.

Oh, and having kids certainly doesn't define a person. I know plenty of older people who chose not to have children and who are more than happy being childless.

My wife and I are mid-20's and are totally irresponsible and tired all the time and resolve to never have kids.

Besides, passing on my flawless genes would NOT be fair to the rest of the human race.

~

You guys are just the best. xD

I'll admit I want kids someday. Maybe. For now, I just want to enjoy life for what it is.

Also op I don't get how exactly the woman said you're irresponsible?

I think OP was trying to express that the woman was inferring that the only thing that could make a young person tired is if she had kids, as if we could just bounce back from a bout of imsomnia or long work hours or what have you, and that the only thing that could make a young person responsible is by popping a horrid little spawn out.

I hate kids. I wouldn't trust me with the life of a tiny human. It's amazing I manage to take care of my mother, but then again, she still has the ability to eat and go to the bathroom somewhat by herself, so there's some autonomy there. But a baby, wow, no. Not me.

I plan on not having kids, I just really don't want them, I would rather have a house full of animals.

It's your life, how is not having kids even bothering/harming her?? I absolutely hate people like that. Do whatever the hell you want with your life.

I raised my nine-year-old sister for the first five years of her life and right now I'm pretty much acting as a second mother to my six-year-old sister-in-law. I love both of them like they were my children and would love to get custody of my sister from my mom if I had the money. I also really want my own biological children. However, I don't think any of this defines who I am as a person. I think people are defined by their actions and the lessons they leave you with when they are gone. Not by their offspring.

21 is too young to have a kid...how r u supposed to have fun and travel and do stuff with a baby constantly whining? ;) just my opinion!

I hate how some parents think that passing on their DNA somehow makes them superior to everyone that has not and feel that they are entitled to special privileges. I guess you can take comfort in the fact that people like that are probably miserable and act like that to make them feel slightly better about themselves.

You are definitely not irresponsible for not having kids, if anything, you would be irresponsible for having kids when you are not ready or able to take care of them properly. You are also allowed to be tired. Just because someone else might have more responsibilities and a busier life than you, it doesn't mean that you are wrong for feeling worn out occasionally. Just like you are allowed to feel sad even though other people might have worse lives than you. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)

I am 24, my common-law boyfriend of 6 years is 25 and we decided we don't was kids. We want our PhDs and be professors, dedicate our lives travelling the world and to academic research.

I am in university, in Child Psych right now. We just watched a live child birthing video. Its horrific. I don't understand why anyone would want to go through that. At the very least, its not for me. Maybe its for some people..... Having children is a scary experience. SO many things can go wrong!

i want kids c:
they're are so lively and i have a childish personality myself so i will be like the cool mum aha

Last edited:
wow i didn't know people had kids that early :/
i always thought that it was around 26 ish

Back